wvo fuel pumps ??????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wvo fuel pumps ???????

I've been looking at pumps and filters for my vo system and leaning towards the fass platinum single filter and pump. What is the best though or will these work fine. I ain't got a dog in this fight so all opinions and advice welcome. Thanks fellers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is what I recomend.

: RPFA-1004 Fass Fuel Pump

Tell us more about your system also. Single tank, two tank. parallel system?????? Make/model of truck, etc.

If memory serves me correctly, the platinum is a "booster" pump, supplying fuel to a stock pump- (94-03 psd)

Last edited by vegginpsd; 02-08-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:43 AM

It's a two tank system, I guess it will be parallel planning on tying in at the heads instead of using factory fp and filter. Leaning towards a dead head with a purge line but haven't ruled out a return either. Got to love the learning curve. I'm planning on mounting my heat exchangers and pump on the left frame rail. I got it planned out from the tank to the motor but just haven't got a clear plan for plumbing into the heads just yet. I looked at the pump you suggested but what about the filter did you purchase a separate heated one or a all in one unit. thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 06:27 AM

Depending on where in the world you live, it may weigh on the advice I give for a filter. Putting a fass under the body with the filter for wvo is not going to work where I live. Its a bit chilly in the winter for nonsence like that. There is significant heat loss at 60 MPH at -20*F. However, your situation may vary.

I like to put the filter and pump in the engine bay where is is a lot warmer in the winter. Also, it is out of the slop, salt, and sand which are common in the winter here.

Your situation may vary.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 AM

I'm in the upstate of south Carolina so I've never seen -20 usually around 20 is the coldest except on the rare occasion. I couldn't find a heat exchanger I liked so I was going to run a 1/2" ss tube in a 1" galvanized pipe and wrap it in pipe insulation. Ill need to do a little work on the compression fittings but its an 01 CC LB so it could be 6' long if need be. I was going to fab a sheet metal box to cover the pump and filter to protect them from stuff kicked up by the tires like rocks, opossums, and such. It's not like I have a tendency to over do things. But mounting in the engine bay makes sense then my exchanger will be the only thing on the rail. Then it could be 10' long
Old 02-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

wvo pumps

ive had good luck with fass pumps hpfp adjustable type 150gph 95psi
aslo wvodesigns has a pump, im using for the last six months, huge motor on it and rebuildable, is working well so far, i am planning on ordering another one check out their site i use their heated filter head, flat plate heat exchanger and donaldson filter combo with heated filter wrap, cant have too much heat for wvo, also wire pump with #10 wire and solder leads for best performance, hope this helps, thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhw1172 View Post
I couldn't find a heat exchanger I liked so I was going to run a 1/2" ss tube in a 1" galvanized pipe and wrap it in pipe insulation.
Just dont use galvanized for anything that touches WVO. You will get Poly fast.
Only metals recommended for WVO are aluminum, SS, and steel that has some kind of coating. Black iron pipe will still poly but MUCH less than galvanized. The amount of oxygen plays a big factor too.

I met a guy that spent a long time on his filtering (dieselcraft style) setup, looks almost manufactured. But he used galvanized and he had plugged pipes within 1000 gallons of processing.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM

I use a FASS HD
And I clocked about 2k miles on it before I started having issues.
It has a 100% LIFETIME warranty (yes 100% I called and verified several times)

I just have been so wrapped up in work that I have not wrenched on the truck in awhile.

My AirDogII has been running FLAWLESSLY on D2 for a ton of miles so far, but I don't use it for wvo, just my D2.
Attached Thumbnails
wvo fuel pumps ???????-dscf7428.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Berk View Post
I use a FASS HD
And I clocked about 2k miles on it before I started having issues.
It has a 100% LIFETIME warranty (yes 100% I called and verified several times)

I just have been so wrapped up in work that I have not wrenched on the truck in awhile.

My AirDogII has been running FLAWLESSLY on D2 for a ton of miles so far, but I don't use it for wvo, just my D2.
What's wrong with your Fass?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Low pressure, and squawking pretty bad.
Maybe the output is clogged or kinked, or the pressure relief is stuck in the open or closed?

What ever it is it's awfully loud, and gets quiet if I loosen the filter (as in to prime it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.