efuel and wvo, regrets? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to OnTheBio
efuel and wvo, regrets?

For those who have both, looking back with what you know now, what would you have done differently? Regret any decisions you made in your build after running/fixing/TSing it?

Even if you don't have both and just one or the other, I encourage yall to share your wisdom!

I want to learn from the mistakes of others..... this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 AM

The only real regret I have is I didn't start running WVO years ago. I did a DIY conversion which is based on the V3 CV design. Very happy with that. DIY is alot of work & if I had to do it again as long as I could get a kit for a reasonable price then I would go that route.

Overall WVO has been a great experince.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Wow... Everyone that has efuel and is running wvo did EVERYTHING perfectly the first time through!? I envy you guys, I hope I do everything right the first time.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:00 PM

what the fuk is e-fuel
Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by erbilabuc View Post
what the fuk is e-fuel
Its an OBS term, "electric fuel conversion". Our motors have a cam driven mechanical fuel pump.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBio View Post
Wow... Everyone that has efuel and is running wvo did EVERYTHING perfectly the first time through!? I envy you guys, I hope I do everything right the first time.
A simple "bump" or "TTT" would probably have sounded better than this.

Also the first time I've ever heard the term efuel.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:58 AM

I used to make the Electric fuel kits for the OBS and never heard E-Fuel. Sounds like a Newly coined term, and not really a bad one at that.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
A simple "bump" or "TTT" would probably have sounded better than this.

Also the first time I've ever heard the term efuel.
I was laughing while typing it. Look at it as sarcasm, a joke. Bump or TTT (idk even know what that one means) isn't as funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnut74 View Post
I used to make the Electric fuel kits for the OBS and never heard E-Fuel. Sounds like a Newly coined term, and not really a bad one at that.
I've always called it that and always read it like that. When speaking I say electronic or electric. I think I got it from google when I would be searching for tutorials. Go to google and search "OBS efuel conversion powerstroke"

edit - and it fits nicely. Electronic mail = email. Electronic commerce = ECommerce. Electronic Fuel = Efuel. haha

I'll take the credit for it though. Especially since you don't think it's a bad one.

Last edited by OnTheBio; 12-12-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:43 PM

On a more real level, I was asking this because I'm collecting pieces to do a full conversion. Putting a 29 gal front take, titan rear tank, fuel bowl delete, diy wvo and e(lectronic)fuel.

I'm basing it off a diagram I have that someone did the same thing to in an OBS. FASS motor for wvo, heated filters, walboro for d2.

I'm trying to work out the fine details now and while I do that I also wanted to have a discussion about the "If I went back and did it again I would've done it like....." or "After a while I decided to go back and do....." so that I can start planning for those hiccups as well.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBio View Post
On a more real level, I was asking this because I'm collecting pieces to do a full conversion. Putting a 29 gal front take, titan rear tank, fuel bowl delete, diy wvo and e(lectronic)fuel.

I'm basing it off a diagram I have that someone did the same thing to in an OBS. FASS motor for wvo, heated filters, walboro for d2.

I'm trying to work out the fine details now and while I do that I also wanted to have a discussion about the "If I went back and did it again I would've done it like....." or "After a while I decided to go back and do....." so that I can start planning for those hiccups as well.
Planning doing the same conversions to my rig in the very near future as well. I have a leaking stock fuel pump as well as a leaking hpop. I figure if I am tearing it all apart then is all gonna get upgraded.

I will be usin a 6.0 pump for my D2 though, they have a bult-in filter assembly and can usually be found relativly inexpensivly on the net. I had a custom alum under bed 50gal wvo tank installed back where my spare tire used to be. I can say this... Research, research, and more reasearch!!! I have been gathering parts for almost a year for my e-fuel/wvo conversion. Also before you do the wvo side I would make sure you have ll the supporting pieces, one of the most important being OIL!! I have approx 400gal stock piled, plus most of the parts for my filtering setup.

Check out Aaronberk here on the org, he did a really nice write-up on his e-fuel/wvo conversion... Good Luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.