Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

More newbie questions

849 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  simone0414 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where to come up with check valves for the 6.0 diesel other than the wvo systems $45 a piece valves? anyone know of an inline check valve for the wvo system so wvo tank doesnt fill with diesel?

where can one find banjo fittings to hook up the wvo lines to the head? is there some other way of installing the line? I see the banjo bolts, but not the fitting that slides over the bolt.

how long can you store wvo? I have found a guy who is getting rid of a stock pile but it is about a year old, since it is organic material I know it will break down over time but the oil still looks clear golden, doesn't smell rancid, and has the right texture to it.

has anyone had a flat plate heat exchanger fail due to the high difference in fuel pressure and coolant pressure? am I just paranoid?

Thanks for any advice

#2 ·
BFT sells the banjo fittings & they also sell the CV's. Get BFT's or Leons CV's. They are a bit pricey but are worth it.

I think most DIYers get their inline check valve from Mcmaster Carr. They have purge valves as well.

Never heard of a FPHE failing because of different coolant & VO pressure. FPHE problems are usually poly build up.

If stored properly VO will last years. If the oil smells ok then it's probably good to use., If it's bad you will know it right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.