Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hudson Valley, NY region
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OP, to make a definitive recommendation, I think we'd have to know all about your oil sources. It's a hasty thing to say one way or another because clearly some folks have a hell of a time getting the water out with or without a CF in their process. But they also may be using PHO, be sucking the oil out of barrels or dumpsters, be getting oil that contains fryer water-rinse, etc.
Personally, I have limited grease shack space and my oil sources don't get any water contamination and I don't use any PHO oil. So, I just settle the cubies for a few weeks and don't use the bottom few inches of the cubie. That's enough for me to get dry oil out of my bowl-type CF 98% of the time. The other 2%, I just run another pass.
'02 7.3L Excursion Limited; ~225Kmi total; ~140Kmi on WVO
Vegistroke V3 (4/09); HIH, Aux Pump, FPHE (11/10); PHP Gryphon custom; 6637;
WW; Turbomaster; EBPV delete; 4" exhaust; Terminator HPOP; Tru-cool; Evans NPG+;
ARI triple-disc TC; V/B-code springs; Bilsteins; 30mm sway bar; 190A alternator; F650 dash, etc.