Bio-diesel for sale? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 08:53 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bio-diesel for sale?

Hello all,

I tried a Google search in my area for any potential bio-diesel stations and I had no luck finding anyone willing to sell any bio-fuels in my area? Is there anyone in the north east who is interested in selling some bio-fuel or know of any stations that offer it?
I'm looking for about 20-30 gallons a week.....more if I'm going on long trips.

Hopefully this is the correct place for this thread?

Thanks in advance.

KR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

try craigslist. Most guys are going to charge you damn near diesel price for Biodiesel and then its not worth it because you dont know their quality control.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbilabuc View Post
try craigslist. Most guys are going to charge you damn near diesel price for Biodiesel and then its not worth it because you dont know their quality control.

I did a craiglist search too, i had no luck. I would love to install a vegi-stroke on my EX but my problem is my short commute to work ( 10 mile round trip), so i think my best bet would be to run bio-diesel for now.
The other problem i have is i don't have the room where i leave to make fuel, i have asked my friends and family about me setting up shop at their place.....no such luck.
Thanks for your input erbilabuc.

KR

Last edited by kingranch550; 09-04-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:57 AM

Yeah fortunately I dove in head first into the veggie world where I bought the truck, built a 14x14x14 shed for all my veggie stuff so I feel your pain because Im not sure what I would do if I didnt have all that space.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:18 PM

If you can find someone making bio offer to trade some WVO for it. I am assuming you can get some. Even if you have to give them twice as much VO it would still be better then buying D2. Find out how to test bio so you can test any bio you might find so you know it is good quality.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I googled "Bio-fuel distributors" - I found this, don't know if it will help you.
Biodiesel.org - Retail Fueling Sites
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simone0414 View Post
If you can find someone making bio offer to trade some WVO for it. I am assuming you can get some. Even if you have to give them twice as much VO it would still be better then buying D2. Find out how to test bio so you can test any bio you might find so you know it is good quality.
I tried searching on craiglist for a brewer's in my area where i could offer to trade WVO for some bio-diesel? I have been lurking on this site for some time trying to gather as much information as i can before i dive into the deep end of bio-diesel.
Most guys i have met are running a two tank system (vegi-stroke or custom WVO system) with great success, i would love to run these type's of system's on my EX, but my commute is way to short of a trip to benefit from the two tank system, i figure that i would need to commute at least 15-20 one way to reap the benefits of filtered WVO in a two tank system.
I will continue to search my area for brewer's in my area, until i can secure a place to set up shop and start brewing my own fuel.

Thanks simone0414 for your input.

KR
Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
I googled "Bio-fuel distributors" - I found this, don't know if it will help you.
Biodiesel.org - Retail Fueling Sites
Thanks for the link SuperCrutyPS....most of the vendors on this list i have already reached out to through cold calls and google searches, the majority offer only B5-B20 blends dyed fuel (off-road) to be used in residence/commercial oil tanks or heavy equipment, they also require you to buy in bulk of ranges of 300-1000 gallons as they are wet hosed to your property.
I did see a couple of potential vendors that i didn't speak to on the phone....i will try reaching out to them this coming week.

Thanks again for the input.

KR
Old 12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

any luck? im moving to buffalo and produce biodiesel if youre anywhere near there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.