Suggestions on "all in one" centrifuge to buy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suggestions on "all in one" centrifuge to buy

Hello

Im looking at a centrifuge set up that i can purchase and set up without a DIY approach.... besides containers and tubing which i know ill hafta set that up for myself. I have been looking at WVO designs centrifuge and Absolute Centrifuge. From some recommendations I am leaning to the "Absolute" centrifuge. This is for my business so money isnt a concern which is why im going away from the DIY as well as i dont have time to test n tune a centrifuge set up.

I will be pushing 50-100 gallons a week (at the moment, possibly more) through this

Anyone using the Absolute Centrifuge system or another system they like?

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2011, 08:02 PM

I have one but never used it bought it as a package deal with a v3 and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:31 AM

Never used one but have read comments from many using both types of centrifuges & all was positive. Simple centrifuge is another good option. I would buy WVO Designs one only because it is cheaper. No matter which one you buy you will be very happy with it.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:13 PM

I have an older SimpleCentrifuge 2 piece bowl design and WVOdesigns inline heater. Perfect setup.

SimpleCentrifuge is coming out with a bowl design in October that will be more user friendly. I called them to order replacement seals and screws as I broke one of my seals, stretched another, and almost lost one of the screws in 40 gallons of wvo muck.
They sent me all the seals and screws for free. They are also doing a trade up program when the new one comes out. Send in the old one and get $400 credit twards the new one.

WVODesigns is cheaper because it is cast aluminum bowl from outside the US.
Simple Centrifuge is Billet aluminum made in the US.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashflo View Post
I have an older SimpleCentrifuge 2 piece bowl design and WVOdesigns inline heater. Perfect setup.

SimpleCentrifuge is coming out with a bowl design in October that will be more user friendly. I called them to order replacement seals and screws as I broke one of my seals, stretched another, and almost lost one of the screws in 40 gallons of wvo muck.
They sent me all the seals and screws for free. They are also doing a trade up program when the new one comes out. Send in the old one and get $400 credit twards the new one.

WVODesigns is cheaper because it is cast aluminum bowl from outside the US.
Simple Centrifuge is Billet aluminum made in the US

^^^What Cashflow said^^^
Leon(WVO designs) knows what his "Made in China" centrifuge is worth. that is why he charges less for it. You will get what you pay for.

It is a cast aluminum, inferior POS..... IMHO.

On the other hand, if you are looking for an all "Made in the U.S.A" product, call Simple Centrifuge. All machined, billet aluminum rotor that is actually balanced. HEAVY cast enclosure and state of the art technology, so state of the art that WVO designs hasn't even been able to keep up copying their ideas!

I also recomend NOT using an inline heater. Using a 6-10 gallon water heater will act as an appleseed processor, removing water and setiment before the CF. What some guys fail to realize when setting up a CF is this......Its NOT a garbage disposal. It is best suited for "polishing" oil, not to get the big chunks.

Just my opinions, I could be wrong.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
I also recomend NOT using an inline heater. Using a 6-10 gallon water heater will act as an appleseed processor, removing water and setiment before the CF.
I was going to go the water heater route but I didnt have room for a large one and I coulnt find any of the small one's that had a drain valve to drain all the sediment. Plus i think its ridiculous that a 6 gallon water heater that is
1/8 the size of a 50 gallon is 80% of the 50 gallons price. Your paying for it to "BE" a water heater.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM

all very interesting - the process i had in my mind was to run my oil through a basic filter into a settling container - after letting it settle for awhile i would drain some of the oil out of the bottom - hopefully getting water and large waste chunks out and then running it through the cf - then after the cf running it through a final filter before using it

to vegginpsd - i have talked to several people about a water heater approach - could i run the oil through a rough filter into my container and then have that feed into the water heater then into a cf? then would i want a final filter after the cf? also i havent seen a set up using a water heater so im confused where the water and misc junk go inside the water heater ... as in how to i clean the water heater out off all the junk and how often - also with the water heater approach do you have anything pressurizing the water heater or how does the concept of the water heater work? some people have mentioned a heating element in the bottom of the water heater or is it pressurized and that helps separate the oil from the water and misc junk?

thanks for all the responses everyone - theres so many filtration methods and im just trying to find the ideal set up to make the best quality oil end product - i would like to have a set up that removes water and large crap before the cf since i do see the cf as a perfecting element for the oil
Old 09-16-2011, 02:33 AM

Here is a video that might sway you tward a Simple Centrifuge
Old 09-16-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashflo View Post
Here is a video that might sway you tward a Simple Centrifuge
Tale of the Cast Rotor - YouTube
I would like to hear from some WVO Designs centrifuge users & not just from the competition. It`s not surprising that Simple Centrifuge is not endorsing Leons Centrifuge.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:49 PM

I dont know why we are making such a big deal about where the centrifuge is made and the balance. It still functions great. I have an absolute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.