check valve q - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check valve q

I have a 2000 7.3. When doing the engine mod, you take the old fuel line loose and I was supplied with a check valve to put in the port. The problem is, the one provided does not go with the fuel lines. So I called the supplier I got the design from (which is based on the v3 system) and he said to just put the old check valve into the new check valve and then replace the line. A valve in a valve?? Is this normal, or am I asking for problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Supplier is right. You only want the diesel flowing in one direction meaning that you dont want the veg oil pushing diesel backwards when you are running on veg oil so you add a real check valve to the diesel side.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Why add another check valve though. According to the mechanic, there is already a check valve there and we are adding another? What is the reason for that and even then if you need to discard the old one for some reason, why not use a check valve that fits the system or an adapter or something and just discard the old valve? Am I missing something? I just don't get why you keep the old check valve in the system and place it on top of the new one.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:46 PM

The stock CV has a little hole in it. This is for releasing the pressure spikes the splitshot injectors create back into the D2 lines & out the FPR. That's why it is necessary to put another CV in there. If you didn't then you would be letting VO get back into your stock system which is not good.

As far as removing the stock CV you can do that but but it just easier to screw the new CV into the stock one.

Where did you get your CV's?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Got most of the system from Rover Hybrids. Shane seems to know his stuff, I just could understand why the two cv's. Thanks for explaining it. I'll let the mechanic know what you said. It will make him feel better to. He has never done this and is very leary of it. He is learning as he goes as well as me. Only difference is that he knows diesels very well. I don't. I can't answer his questions as to why this and why that. All I can do is say, "well, that is what the people say that do this all the time." For some reason, he remains leary??
He is having a big problem with the pump issue. He says you always have a pre pump at the tank to send the fuel up to the main pump. He is afraid the one pump will not have enough to get the v/o out and up the the pump. But I keep telling him, "well, it is what everyone says to do and it works for them." He says, "ok, we will try it but I'm afraid it won't work."
I hope it works!!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:31 PM

Ughh, a lot of people dont understand what we do and thats why I say to everyone to do the install yourself but..... remember the pump (FASS Im guessing is what you have) is self priming but either way it will get gravity fed. You need to read the HEUI explanation and it will explain why we dont have or need a pump in the tank. If this guy truly knew about diesels then he should know the difference between HEUI and whatever the common rails are.

Im listening to Snoop while driving around Honolulu so.....

beeeeeotch

Ahh screw it just remember we have the HPOP so that should get you going into your reading.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbilabuc View Post

beeeeeotch

Ahh screw it just remember we have the HPOP so that should get you going into your reading.
In Honolulu make sure to keep yo mind on yo money and yo money on yo mind. Especially if your rolling down the street smokin endo

Last edited by Cashflo; 07-22-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbilabuc View Post
Ughh, a lot of people dont understand what we do and thats why I say to everyone to do the install yourself but..... remember the pump (FASS Im guessing is what you have) is self priming but either way it will get gravity fed. You need to read the HEUI explanation and it will explain why we dont have or need a pump in the tank. If this guy truly knew about diesels then he should know the difference between HEUI and whatever the common rails are.

beeeeeotch

I am just going to go ahead and print the parts that pertain the to 2000 and give it to him. Perhaps that will make him feel better.
I do have the FASS.
Thanks
Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labhunter View Post
I am just going to go ahead and print the parts that pertain the to 2000 and give it to him. Perhaps that will make him feel better.
I do have the FASS.
Thanks

It WILL work this way. I will bet you & him a million dollars
Old 07-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

showed him the parts of this thread that pertain and the HEUI thread he wasn't convenced, but I am going with it anyway. He said the c/v's that were on it wouldn't allow a backward flow anyway, so he still doesn't see the need for the new c/v.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.