2004 plantdrive kit (plus extras) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 plantdrive kit (plus extras)

I am hoping to throw a wvo kit on my 2004 6.0 asap. Has a banks kit on it (intercooler, exhaust, intake and 6 gun tuner) plus the engine was completely rebuilt 8000 miles ago, hopefully wont be problematic lik some people are suggesting the 6 liters tend to be...

here is a list of things i am considering for the kit, please share your suggestions/alternatives u might suggest, and be gentle i'm still new at this... THanks!

ps any ideas for to what temp i should change the thermostat for better warmup etc... though i saw somewhere people were doing that.

gauge pod suggestions and gauges (e.g. coolant temp? boost? eg temp? no ideas beside coolant) to get???

I am planning on getting a plantdrive kit with
1) hotfox PlantDrive™*Vegetable*Oil...

2) the triple valve setup (for "faster warmup and purge times")
here's their quote
"And the advantage of 3 High Flow Valves over 2 is quicker purge times, which means less purchased fuel used, but also is of benefit with a VOController, since you may decide to opt for the all-automatic option when programming the controller (not only auto-switchover from diesel to vegetable oil, but auto-purging: turn off the key, lock the doors, and walk away while the vehicle continues to run until the diesel has purged the vegetable oil from the system. An unattended but running vehicle is a carjack target (even though you've got the key in your pocket and the vehicle will stall once the purge is complete) so a quicker purge time helps keep the idiots away. (And "quicker" is hard to quantify - it depends on the vehicle. But a typical passenger car will see purge times shortened from 2-3 minutes at idle to less than a minute, and a truck's purge can be 3-4 minutes at idle with 2 valves, and about a minute with 3 valves."

and link... PlantDrive™*Vegetable*Oil...

3) along with the VM2 (not sure why i would need vormax) kit.
PlantDrive™*Vegetable*Oil...

4) I am planning on getting a 60gallon tank from amazon
Amazon.com: RDS Fuel Tank - 60-Gallon, Model# 71212: Automotive Amazon.com: RDS Fuel Tank - 60-Gallon, Model# 71212: Automotive

and last but not least trying to decide whether a centrifuge kit ( i plan on filtering with coarser bag filters before running the CF unless one would suggest otherwise...)
roughly $580 think i'll just get a tank heater from amazon...
SCC20 WVO Centrifuge w/Pump & Motor at Fryer To Fuel

thanks for looking and your comments!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im not following your post but I think you are trying to piece together a kit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.