Best Fuel Lines - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Fuel Lines

Trying to make a decision on the type of fuel lines to get for the vo system.
Truck is a 2000 7.3. I can get the r9 injection line for about 6.00 a ft. (3/8)
I can get the one wvodesigns suggests for about the same. They suggest using SAE 100R14A Teflon Hose from discount Hydraulic hose.

Don't know much about these hoses. I know the injection line r9 is for bio as well as vo.

Don't know much about the teflon.

Can anyone compare the two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

remember its not just fuel injection but High Pressure Fuel Injection. Im not sure what I have off hand but I think its Goodyear. Its a black hose with a blue lining and its rated for bio and high pressure and Greasecar sells it for cheap.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM

check out HFI Fluid Power Products Hydraulic Fittings, Metric Adapters, Tube and Hose Assemblies

they had both goodyear and Eaton. both rated the same iirc. i got the Eaton as it was cheaper and the guy said there isnt much difference, if any. the Eaton was about .85 c a foot at the time. 300PSI, Bio safe and threaded/fiber reinforced.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Are you doing HIH, HOH?? I would suggest TIH. Use black iron tee's & fittings & aircraft grade aluminum tubing. The TIH design with aluminum tubing as the fuel line offers the best heat transfer & is the cleanest looking install IMHO. Use SS braided hose for the fuel lines to the heads. This what was suggested to be by Skyskijason when I did my conversion & I am very happy with it.

Alot of guys have gotten their hose & fittings from here:Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
Old 06-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simone0414 View Post
Are you doing HIH, HOH?? I would suggest TIH. Use black iron tee's & fittings & aircraft grade aluminum tubing. The TIH design with aluminum tubing as the fuel line offers the best heat transfer & is the cleanest looking install IMHO. Use SS braided hose for the fuel lines to the heads. This what was suggested to be by Skyskijason when I did my conversion & I am very happy with it.

Alot of guys have gotten their hose & fittings from here:Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
I am using TIH. Disc. Hyd. Hose is where I found the second hose listed in my orriginal post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.