Newbie? whats the best wvo tank level sending unit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie? whats the best wvo tank level sending unit?

Hello all,
Thanks for all the good info on here, it has been very beneficial.
Background: 2000 F350 7.3L in the process of converting to wvo.
I'm sure most will recognize that the way I designed my system is 99% the same as the check valve system design that has been published on here in the past. So credit for my system goes to FN74's check valve design, I think that is where I read about it and incorperated his ideas, anyways to who ever designed it/developed it, thank you!
Nuts and bolts of the conversion.
90 gallon aluminum transfer tank/tool box combo, artic fox pick up, TIH 3/8, FASS HPFP(1004 model), Davco 12v heated 382 filter, 30 plate FPHE from Duda diesel (12 inch version), aluminum mantifold with check valves on each side diesel/wvo enter through checkvalves from each side and lines leaving mantifold into front of each head. Lines off the back of the head T into a purge valve which T into the main fuel line just prior to the FASS pump. The mantifold has 3 extra ports for Fuel temp and pressure, with an extra incase I change something.
I have bought AN fittings for the entire fuel system.
I have a good sorce of oil 200-250 gallons a month. It is partially hydrogenized, but after a 2 week settling period the hydrogenized oil settles out to 1 gallon, with 4 gallons of good looking oil left, which leads me to my filtering process. Starts with a 55 gallon Poly tank which I have cut 3 5" holes in the top with 200/100 micron filter bags in each hole that the good settled oil gets pumped through. Once my tank is full I will heat x 24 hours (drop in bucket/tank heater) then let it settle again for 1-2 days. I have a drain on the bottom to drain out any remaing settlement/water. My plumbing comes out of the tank 6-8 inches of the bottom through a 1hp Harbor freight pump through 3 household waterfilters (20/10/5micron) then into more poly storage tanks. I will then pump it through a goldenrod 5 micron filter/dewaterer into my aluminum tank in the truck!
With that said, and anybody that is still awake, my question for all the experienced wvo'ers is,
What is the best fuel sending unit to use with wvo? I have searched through old threads but to no resolve! This is the last big piece I need to buy, then it is assembly time! Has anyone used the Moeller marine sending units on ebay that are advertised for wvo use? They have a 3 year warantee on them even with wvo use?
This has been fun, I hope it works.
BTW, I live in Pocatello ID, off I-15, so once I get my reserves built up later this summer I should have extra oil if any one that is passing through needs a little extra.
Once again thanks for all the info
Derek

Last edited by biged4x4; 04-25-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: add more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.