wvo 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wvo 6.0

hey guy i have a 6.0 and was wondering how yall conv to wvo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to troid123
There is lots of info on here you might use the search function to find what you are looking for.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:43 PM

The best option IMHO is to buy a Vegistroke kit. If you want to do a DIY it can be done but it is alot of work & time involved.

First thing you need to make sure of is can you find at least one source of oil? Also you need to look at how you are going to process your oil. I would highly suggest a gravity feed centrifuge. You need to have really clean & dry oil for your 6.0 & a centrifuge is the best way to go.

What is your budget & how much time do you have to devote to this lifestyle per week?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simone0414 View Post
The best option IMHO is to buy a Vegistroke kit. If you want to do a DIY it can be done but it is alot of work & time involved.

First thing you need to make sure of is can you find at least one source of oil? Also you need to look at how you are going to process your oil. I would highly suggest a gravity feed centrifuge. You need to have really clean & dry oil for your 6.0 & a centrifuge is the best way to go.

What is your budget & how much time do you have to devote to this lifestyle per week?
Funny how what you just typed is easily $5,000 worth of merchandise. I cant wait til the day a "kit" can be bought at Walmart.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Didn't we already go over all of this with you??

new to the vegie

There isn't a "handbook" or anything. Converting to WVO takes a lot of research, more research, a lot of time, ALOT of $$$, and oh yeah YOU NEED OIL!!!!

If you want to "run veggi" as you say then the fastest way to convert your truck is to give BFT a call and pick up a V3. If you don't want to shell out that much then do alot of research and do some more. Then develop a schematic, come up with a budget, come up with a parts list, and then rework your plan. Then post it all up and we will be more than happy to give you all the advice we can give. Just asking "what do i do to convert my truck to run veggie" will only get you more responses like mine....
Old 04-14-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troid123 View Post
There is lots of info on here you might use the search function to find what you are looking for.
6.0 conversions aren't all over the place. It is not the industry standard. If the op had asked about a diy intake, or perhaps some other common 2 cent mod I would understand.

But your "search feature" comment is pointless and only adds to your post count. And the search interface on this site isn't the most user friendly any way.

So if you really have noting of value to add to the thread
Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKED_NY_023 View Post
Didn't we already go over all of this with you??

new to the vegie

There isn't a "handbook" or anything. Converting to WVO takes a lot of research, more research, a lot of time, ALOT of $$$, and oh yeah YOU NEED OIL!!!!

If you want to "run veggi" as you say then the fastest way to convert your truck is to give BFT a call and pick up a V3. If you don't want to shell out that much then do alot of research and do some more. Then develop a schematic, come up with a budget, come up with a parts list, and then rework your plan. Then post it all up and we will be more than happy to give you all the advice we can give. Just asking "what do i do to convert my truck to run veggie" will only get you more responses like mine....

The OP is trolling for the 6.0 guys, which didn't contribute to his previous thread. So this "rethreading" seams valid to me.

And your outline in red is spot on
Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 AM

start by reading the "How HEUI works..." thread. understand exactily how your current fuel system works first. IMHO, this is something you should know whether you buy or build a kit.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbilabuc View Post
Funny how what you just typed is easily $5,000 worth of merchandise. I cant wait til the day a "kit" can be bought at Walmart.
So what's your point? I know it's expensive that's why I asked what his budget was. If he wants to a good DIY how much do yah think that's gonna cost? Not as much for sure but I bet 2 grand & a DIY is a big job.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simone0414 View Post
So what's your point? I know it's expensive that's why I asked what his budget was. If he wants to a good DIY how much do yah think that's gonna cost? Not as much for sure but I bet 2 grand & a DIY is a big job.
easy tigger
I dont have a point its just that the price/cost will drive 98% of people away because they dont realize at first just how much they spend on fuel (2000$ per year on average) and how fast they will make their money back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.