new to the vegie - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to the vegie

hey guy`im looking to switch to vegie oil i have a 6.0 and was wondering if any was running it and what all you had to do, do yall have any problems and how dose it run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Clay and i think Snake have a 6.0. they will chime in soon.

first and foremost be positive you can collect oil. even go as far as to collect 100 gallons to be sure sources are willing to give it to you.

the 6.0 has tight tolerances on injectors that the 7.3, so you will nee to be anal about your oil, clean and dry. anyone should be actually but the 6.0 is more sensitive. but yes, it iwll work in a 6.0. i think BFT has kits unless you want to do a DIY.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

what is the DIY? how man different kinds is there out for vegie oil ive seen the like .56cent mixter suff and was just wondering the different tipes you can run with the 6.0
Old 04-09-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH_diesel View Post
what is the DIY? how man different kinds is there out for vegie oil ive seen the like .56cent mixter suff and was just wondering the different tipes you can run with the 6.0
DIY=do it yourself. Means putting your own components together to make your VO system. You can do that or buy a kit.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Step 1. Make sure you have reliable oil sources (like RN said at least 100gal)
Step 2. Do a search on this forum for veggi conversions and get as much knowledge on it as possible. To my understanding the 6.0 is not a very good conversion candidate until some updates are made .
Step 3. Make sure it something you really want to do, its a serious investment, in $$ and time.

I am yet to begin my conversion but have been collecting oil for about 6 months now and have approximately 200gal stock piled. I also have been collecting the parts needed for my DIY conversion, as well as parts for my oil cleaning and filtering setup.

My point is that it not as simple as just getting some WVO from your local FF restaurant and dumping it in you truck so make sure you really want to make the leap into the lifestyle.

Oh and you must always consider the "WIFE" factor in your decisions!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculously_necessary View Post
Clay and i think Snake have a 6.0. they will chime in soon.

first and foremost be positive you can collect oil. even go as far as to collect 100 gallons to be sure sources are willing to give it to you.

the 6.0 has tight tolerances on injectors that the 7.3, so you will nee to be anal about your oil, clean and dry. anyone should be actually but the 6.0 is more sensitive. but yes, it iwll work in a 6.0. i think BFT has kits unless you want to do a DIY.
Not to hijack the thread.... But Matt wheres the write up on your conversion??!! Been waiting for it man!!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKED_NY_023 View Post
My point is that it not as simple as just getting some WVO from your local FF restaurant and dumping it in you truck so make sure you really want to make the leap into the lifestyle.

Oh and you must always consider the "WIFE" factor in your decisions!!!
I have been saying this all the time and people tend to just jump over how much really goes into the life style. There is so much to it and you will end up changing your mind and setup many times during the learning process. Oh and no matter what you do you WILL make a mess!!

Yea the wife factor is the most important... "you want to spend how much to save a few bucks?!?!"

Do it right, get a cf to filter the oil. There is no easier and better way to do it. Believe me, I have tried them all!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKED_NY_023 View Post
Not to hijack the thread.... But Matt wheres the write up on your conversion??!! Been waiting for it man!!!!
i know. been busy, very busy. i have not had time to correct the CV failure i had a week ago. i have the replacement valves and just need to put them in. as well as fix a veggie leak at the filter housing. with any luck, and as long as someone is around to watch the kiddos i hope to finish tonight. thats the biggie. i cant leave the youngest one alone yet, and the older one isnt responsible enough to watch the oldest one. and the dog, well thats a different story.

gas is 3.62 here, and diesel 3.89. i gotta get this done! and fitler oil! i have a lead on a NEW 3400 rpm motor for $25 that i want to pounce on that would be great for a fuge, that alone may make buying cf supplies justifiable!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 AM

Your location says Gainsville.

IF your in my neck of the woods come on by the house. I'm in Savannah
Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 AM

gainsville which state?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.