Leon at WVO Designs new pump - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leon at WVO Designs new pump

I hear his first test pump failed. To quote the little birdie that told me:

Leon's first pump (of 2) to one of his first beta tester failed on installation. Didn't make 20 psi at a six pack piss volume.

Just sayin....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's unfortunate. I wonder what happened? Was it made with little hands? (made in China)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:44 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
That's unfortunate. I wonder what happened? Was it made with little hands? (made in China)
Little hands... Now why would Leon have anything made in China?
Oh wait, thats his trademark!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:53 AM

Things made with little hands = high profit margin
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM

It would be nice to hear from some others who bought Leons pump before final judgements are made on it.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by simone0414 View Post
It would be nice to hear from some others who bought Leons pump before final judgements are made on it.
I would like that too.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Berk View Post
Yeah, some factual posts would be an improvement.

Either way, I don't shop with Leon.
My 1st experience was a let down, and then recently well.... I could never get a hold of him.
I wouldn't give up on him completely. I got some CV's from him that are working very well & have read about many others who are very happy with some of his products & his customer service.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:37 PM

I am likely the one who is spoken of here. Note that all the work on my side has been D2 only at this point, and the modding is done to the truck in my sig.

The pump that failed was was a Beta, turned out to be a priming issue I believe. It was the first Beta available for testing. The pickup line attached to the truck would dribble fuel, so I know there was air in it, when it would pull air it would stop priming. Thats about the extent of my knowledge. It was also on a controller which is believed to also have contributed. This pump style was ditched a while back. I have been slow to convert.

The pump that I replced it with was a Beta 2 or 3. The motor is a monster, and there is no controller. After hooking up this pump and re-bleeding the lines the truck fired up no problem. I have about 300 miles on this pump and no issues to report. The pump starts out pushing 79psi, then after a minute or so drops to 75 and holds steady. The truck is a bit quieter, and definitly idles smoother. It seems like it has a bit more pull and less chugging at lower rpms, and still has plenty of go at top end. More than the mechanical pump liked to provide.

The pump sent to replace the first Beta was a full on production pump. The production pump has improved priming and a mod to the regulator to which the function I do not recall. Leon sent the mod to the regulator for my Beta 2 with the replacement pump. I plan on mounting it Saturday and filling up with wvo and driving a while.

I have not expirienced any issues, priming or otherwise with the Beta 2, it seems strong and steady. The motor stays quite cool as well.

I have tons of pics that I need to sort through and more to take. I would like to take video but for some reason the audio isnt picking up on my camera. Either way I have been wanting to post the setup, even though its not pretty and was done under a tight budget its been hard not posting til im done.

Found out last night that my setup will not be "wife proof" as they say. No offense to anyone.

EDIT: FWIW I have never had problems getting ahold of Leon. I am very pleased with his customer service. I can't speak for him but am sorry to hear you have troubles getting a hold of him.

EDIT: I also want to note that it was either the Raw Power pump or the FASS HPFP since im doing a DIY conversion. Here was my reasoning:

1. I didn't care for the FASS price knowing there were warranty issues (at the time), knowing it would fail, knowing it wasnt designed specifically for wvo.
2. I want to give back to the community that has helped me so much.

Last edited by ridiculously_necessary; 03-31-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 PM

Wife proof, gotta love it.

Mine won't be either, but it will be close.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's important to hear people that have facts and direct experience other than Clay's "just sayin" If you want to start a war Clay, we are not participating, even though I have plenty of ammo earned from direct experience with your employer to fight) I have respect for the former owners and a larger respect for the SVO community we are tyring to serve.
You weren't helpful to me on the DFA forums and you aren't helpful now, so pipe down with the retoric please.
If you want to help BFT, help them put out quality products and good prices, don't trash other companies.

Jason J.
Product Support
WVO Designs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.