Any one running this FASS system? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any one running this FASS system?

Rover Hybrids Alternative Fuel Conversions

Looks cool enough, and I could ditch my racor1000 and get the room in my truck bed back.

Any one with real world experience, or even opinions would help, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 03:55 AM

No real world experince but looks very good. Very pricey though. I really like the option of the fuel heater. Hopefully it heats the fuel in the pump housing as well. I had 2 Fass HPFP's( not like this setup) crap out on me this winter. I finally did a HH wrap around my third Fass to heat the VO in the pump & it is working fine so far. Fass has proven not to work as well on VO as once thought so if I was to do it over again I may go with a different pump. The only problem is not sure which I would go with. Probably Leons pump but that doesn't have any history on it yet.

I see Fass has changed their warranty from 4 years to 2 on VO. Not surpised on that.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:20 AM

only thing I have to say about those is that the warranty is only 4 years. FASS has a lifetime warranty on their single HPFP.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:58 AM

Leon's pump has been my first choice for awhile, I just recently noticed this particular FASS set up.

I thought it was funny that Rover mentions that they have come up with "the best vo pump ever" and it only has a 2yr warranty
Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbilabuc View Post
only thing I have to say about those is that the warranty is only 4 years. FASS has a lifetime warranty on their single HPFP.
Can you please show me where Fass has a lifetime warranty?? I have spoken to DPP quite a few times in the past few weeks & more then once they have told me that Fass pumps have a 4 year warranty. I'm hoping your right but that's not what DPP is telling me. Are you referring to a different type of Fass?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Berk View Post
Leon's pump has been my first choice for awhile, I just recently noticed this particular FASS set up.

I thought it was funny that Rover mentions that they have come up with "the best vo pump ever" and it only has a 2yr warranty
I think more & more it is becoming clear to most pump sellers that pumps being used for VO are most likely going to fail at a higher rate then pumps used for D2 no matter how they are designed. Leon must seem to think he has the answer & he may but the jury is still out on his pump IMHO. Even BFT's new pump was not going to have any warranty at all until a some of us complained & now they offer a 2 year warranty for an extra 50 bucks. If they had one for a DIY I think I would look seriously at that. It only comes with a 2 year warranty option but it is priced really good & they sell replacement parts at reasonable prices. I think the Vegistroke owners are going to be real please with BFT's pump.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 AM

call FASS yourself to verify.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
call FASS yourself to verify.
I have already talked to them 2 different times in the last 6 weeks. They told me 4 year Warranty. We had quite a little discussion the first time cause when I bought the Fass I thought it was a 5 year warranty & when I told DPP this they was quick to correct me. 4 year warranty.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Aaron Miller
Fass Fuel Systems
P: (636) 433-2518 - Ex 17
F: (636) 433-5913

talk to him and ask and let me know what he says. If he tells you 4 years then Im sending mine back.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Aaron Miller
Fass Fuel Systems
P: (636) 433-2518 - Ex 17
F: (636) 433-5913

talk to him and ask and let me know what he says. If he tells you 4 years then Im sending mine back.
Most of my discussions have been with Brent Moreland. One time I called & was speaking to Todd. I wouldn't send it back if they say 4 years. That's still a good warranty IMHO. It's not going to look very good if it says on the warranty card lifetime & it turns out not to be.

I hate being wrong but this time I hope I am. I will be happy to eat crow if your right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.