rendering money - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 03:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rendering money

ive been pumping grease traps for a number of years now. in those grease traps theres more water than grease. now ive got renderers coming to pump traps from 200 miles away for 300 bucks. in these traps are basically trash. not fryer oil. are these guys getting somw kind of grant or subsidy to pump these traps? the math just isnt adding up. thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 06:44 AM

Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Yup theres all kinds of subsidies out there for biodiesel production
Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 PM

but there is NO way its being used for bio. go to an eatery. find the stinkyest (real word?lol) place outside that place. look down. there will be a manhole cover. lift it. thats what im talking about. not the fryer oil. although i am hauling it to a digester for elec production. even that is still in RnD.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:34 PM

Yes, the subsidies are back. There were subsidies, companies were started, factories were built and producing. Then, Ta-Da!!!, no more subsidies. Large corporations swept in and bought up the bio plants for pennies on the dollar. Fast forward a year or so and once again, there are subsidies. Yep, corporate take over. The lobbyists win again. Keep the rich, rich, and the poor, poor.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 PM

^I'm not understanding that but my take is that the subsidies are to keep guys like us on this forum from producing our own fuel. What is the number one thing keeping people from producing biodiesel or converting to run straight veggie oil? finding the veggie oil. Everything else is easy. In california its impossible to find biodiesel at gas stations any more because the state decided to prohibit underground storage of biodiesel. I was never told of a reason but it goes along the lines that EXXON, BP, CHEVRON etc don't want what we are doing to catch on. Just the small amount of people in this board using wvo can easily put 20 gas stations out of business. There is a huge amount of money in petroleum. What is going on is that the supply is being limited. 10 years ago a gallon of wesson was 75 cents and a gallon of 87 unleaded gas was right at $1.50. Now a gallon of Wesson is almost 5$ where I live and well I dont really need to tell you where gasoline is at. We overproduce corn by the metric tons in the United States but for some reason the price of the oil produced from corn is still ridiculously high.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 AM

if you want to find what stinks ya got to stir the pot. guess i gotta figure how to stir the pot. thx for the input.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM

my answer:
Value of Waste Veggie Oil - Over $3/gal - Topic Powered by Social Strata
see page 2
the ones in utah are the very ones infesting this area. i guess the best buisness practice will win. or should i say subsidy?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:02 AM

say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidschaffer View Post
Yes, the subsidies are back. There were subsidies, companies were started, factories were built and producing. Then, Ta-Da!!!, no more subsidies. Large corporations swept in and bought up the bio plants for pennies on the dollar. Fast forward a year or so and once again, there are subsidies. Yep, corporate take over. The lobbyists win again. Keep the rich, rich, and the poor, poor.
You've got to be kidding.

You mean to tell me that "the rich" (I can already tell you're a pinko communist bedwetting liberal because you love to categorize "the rich") took advantage of some dumbass who decided to build a business model whose SOLE means of turning a profit DEPENDED on a government subsidy?! :h ehe:

Who in their right mind would depend upon a government promise for a long-term business plan?? Subsidies are very weakly established in law by whatever the current political winds are blowing. An example-- GE and it's "green" technologies bull****. The ONLY thing keeping GE profitable with all those goofy wind turbines is subsidy money, fleeced from the taxpayer (both rich and poor, but moreso from the rich because they pay more taxes) using the brute strength of government threat. Don't pay your fair share, and you lose your property and/or go to prison, only to emerge a convict and incapable of establishing gainful employment.

Funny, you don't seem to rush to the defense of companies who had to sell off HUGE assets and divisions and lay off workers because of Hope 'n Change's gutting of military projects, many of which were contract-based, not subsidy based. Unlike some hippy commune biodiesel processing plant, the military IS an industrial enterprise that requires funding established by the constitution. And don't give me that crap from Eisenhower of bewaring the military-industrial complex. Napoleon once said God fights with the army with the best artillery. He worded this wrong. God fights with the army with the greatest industrial suppliers.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfinn View Post
You've got to be kidding.

You mean to tell me that "the rich" (I can already tell you're a pinko communist bedwetting liberal because you love to categorize "the rich") took advantage of some dumbass who decided to build a business model whose SOLE means of turning a profit DEPENDED on a government subsidy?! :h ehe:

Who in their right mind would depend upon a government promise for a long-term business plan?? Subsidies are very weakly established in law by whatever the current political winds are blowing. An example-- GE and it's "green" technologies bull****. The ONLY thing keeping GE profitable with all those goofy wind turbines is subsidy money, fleeced from the taxpayer (both rich and poor, but moreso from the rich because they pay more taxes) using the brute strength of government threat. Don't pay your fair share, and you lose your property and/or go to prison, only to emerge a convict and incapable of establishing gainful employment.

Funny, you don't seem to rush to the defense of companies who had to sell off HUGE assets and divisions and lay off workers because of Hope 'n Change's gutting of military projects, many of which were contract-based, not subsidy based. Unlike some hippy commune biodiesel processing plant, the military IS an industrial enterprise that requires funding established by the constitution. And don't give me that crap from Eisenhower of bewaring the military-industrial complex. Napoleon once said God fights with the army with the best artillery. He worded this wrong. God fights with the army with the greatest industrial suppliers.
Judgments and Name calling ahh?

Last edited by davidschaffer; 02-27-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.