What is your ROI - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is your ROI

Return On Investment

900$ for greasecar kit shipped to my front door
105$ for 26 plate heate exchanger
580$ for FASS fuel pump with lifetime warranty
250$ for centrifuge setup and 55 gallon heated drum
75$ for 350 gallons of canola to get me started
total of $1910
at 15mpg I get 600 miles to the 40 gallon tank so 40x3.43$ a gallon =$137.20

so it costs me average about 135$ to go 600 miles. so 1910/135= 14.1 fillups until I have officially "paid" this conversion off. So I am looking at 8460 miles before its "paid" off? I have already driven 2800 miles on it.

Am I right? my bro in law just flew to cali to visit me and he is spending next 7 days learning as much about this as possible. He is sold on it already but its another valid arguing point because in panhandle of florida the VO conversions are nonexistant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbilabuc View Post
Return On Investment

900$ for greasecar kit shipped to my front door
105$ for 26 plate heate exchanger
580$ for FASS fuel pump with lifetime warranty
250$ for centrifuge setup and 55 gallon heated drum
75$ for 350 gallons of canola to get me started
total of $1910
at 15mpg I get 600 miles to the 40 gallon tank so 40x3.43$ a gallon =$137.20

so it costs me average about 135$ to go 600 miles. so 1910/135= 14.1 fillups until I have officially "paid" this conversion off. So I am looking at 8460 miles before its "paid" off? I have already driven 2800 miles on it.

Am I right? my bro in law just flew to cali to visit me and he is spending next 7 days learning as much about this as possible. He is sold on it already but its another valid arguing point because in panhandle of florida the VO conversions are nonexistant.
Greasers are everywhere. Just usually underground. Some of us poke our heads up occasionally, I dont have my vehicles marked with any indication that I run an alternative fuel. Remember, its not technically lawful.

Our government and in particular our Bro the Prez like to TALK about a green iniative, but, do very little to promote it.......just my $.02, I could be wrong.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 PM

are you anywhere near Panama City? My bro in law is ready to spend 2000$ to experiment on a mercedes 240 or 300 and local support might help
Old 01-04-2011, 04:51 AM

Not really close. I am in norther WI.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:56 AM

greasers are there. he just doesnt know it. have him find sources first. when searching for sources he will find many are already taken. you found your greasers.

my payoff:
($9500) sold my 02 chevy 2500 gasser
$4000 for truck already cheaply converted
$200 filtering supplies (no fuge)
Free oil

saved my arse when gas (not D2) went near $4. saved about $3500 the first year i ran the truck on veg, secodn year gas was less and saved about $2500. so in regards to fuel costs, the truck paid for itself. im starting conversion to a dual electric pump setup this week, will be happy to back on veg as i spend $320 a month of gas at 28 mpg in the car. i know i can get by one one tank of D2 per month with my normal daily driving. and i know my wife will drive more when she has the car back.

but havign spent a year driving the car and truck only on D2 im back in the whole as far as ROI, but that should change soon. i have $712 of fuel in my garage ready to filter and burn at the current (gas) price of $2.85
Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM

D2 is 3.43$ here where I live and 20 miles away it was 3.75$ last week. Im selling my civic this week and buying an old mercedes 240d or 300d to drive to work.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 AM

I would purchase and build a quality gravity fed CF set up to solve your water problems to protect your current investment (truck) before you invest in other vehicles and expose yourself to engine damage on all vihicles in the future.

Just my opinion I could be wrong.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
I would purchase and build a quality gravity fed CF set up to solve your water problems to protect your current investment (truck) before you invest in other vehicles and expose yourself to engine damage on all vihicles in the future.

Just my opinion I could be wrong.

more heat and a good cf will save a lot of headache, heartache, and make for a fatter wallet.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculously_necessary View Post
greasers are there. he just doesnt know it. have him find sources first. when searching for sources he will find many are already taken. you found your greasers.

my payoff:
($9500) sold my 02 chevy 2500 gasser
$4000 for truck already cheaply converted
$200 filtering supplies (no fuge)
Free oil

saved my arse when gas (not D2) went near $4. saved about $3500 the first year i ran the truck on veg, secodn year gas was less and saved about $2500. so in regards to fuel costs, the truck paid for itself. im starting conversion to a dual electric pump setup this week, will be happy to back on veg as i spend $320 a month of gas at 28 mpg in the car. i know i can get by one one tank of D2 per month with my normal daily driving. and i know my wife will drive more when she has the car back.

but havign spent a year driving the car and truck only on D2 im back in the whole as far as ROI, but that should change soon. i have $712 of fuel in my garage ready to filter and burn at the current (gas) price of $2.85
Hey make sure you take lots of pics on your dual pump conversion and post em up!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 AM

i plan on it! i dont think anyone here has a 'from scratch' conversion thread yet on the OBS. i may take some video as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.