Raptor pumps carry a 1 year warranty if ran on wvo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Raptor pumps carry a 1 year warranty if ran on wvo

I don't know if anyone knows about this. I have been looking for pumps and a couple websites say that Raptors have a life time warranty even if you run wvo through it. Not true, I just talked to AirDog and they said if you run wvo through the pump it is a 1 year warranty.

On that note, does anyone have a suggestion for a pump. I think I will end up going with the Raptor anyways cause it seams to have a good reputations but, I'm always looking for alternatives. Has anyone used the pump from WVO Designs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i have orderded from wvodesigns, not received or installed yet.

usdiesel parts has a fair price on FASS HPFP pumps, as well as a company in florida. but to get the warranty be sure you get the paperwork and send it in.

go with what raptor says. chances are if its a lifetime the selling company is supporting it. so be sure THEY will replace it. this happened to DFA.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 AM

I just replaced my diesel mechanical fuel pump with a Raptor in preparation for a Vegistroke installation. So far, so good. It's loud, but seems to work well. I think the FASS is just as loud from what I've read. I'll probably mount it with rubber washers at some point.

Be careful when buying the Raptor. I think most vendors only sell a "low pressure" model that can only achieve about 50psi. You need around 65psi for the 7.3L. I got my "high pressure" Raptor from vegpower.com and it was indeed a high pressure model as advertised. Air Dog told me over the phone that there is no way to tell the difference between a "low pressure" model and a "high pressure" model without giving them the model number. It's confusing, so good luck!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanderson View Post
So far, so good. It's loud, but seems to work well. I think the FASS is just as loud from what I've read. I'll probably mount it with rubber washers at some point.
My fass was loud till I put the rubber feet on it to insulate it from the frame. Now its a very faint humm in the background that you really can not hear over the noise of the motor.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
My fass was loud till I put the rubber feet on it to insulate it from the frame. Now its a very faint humm in the background that you really can not hear over the noise of the motor.
Good to know. Thanks, Tubular.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculously_necessary View Post
i have orderded from wvodesigns, not received or installed yet.

usdiesel parts has a fair price on FASS HPFP pumps, as well as a company in florida. but to get the warranty be sure you get the paperwork and send it in.

go with what raptor says. chances are if its a lifetime the selling company is supporting it. so be sure THEY will replace it. this happened to DFA.
ridiculously_necessary, why did you decide to go with the wvo designs pump. What pump were you running before. Did you have problems with it. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:30 AM

I have researched Raptor a couple times. I have replaced and still use Fass HPFP pumps. I dont think the raptor is able to produce 65+ pounds of fuel pressure at volumes I need. I may keep up on D2, but VO is a different critter than D2.

Just my opinion though. I know if you buy from Fass directly you get a 4 year warranty, and if problems arise, the customer service will be more prompt.

Untill I get my hands on a pump from Leon for testing, I am rolling on Fass HPFP. Until Leon gets me a pump for testing, this will not change.

I am running on the round head HPFP Fass at the moment on my truck, and ordered one for the Excursion direct from Fass.

Leon has some great design ideas that I hope prove to work. Leon is one sharp cookie, and is trying to solve the faults in the Fass. Stay tuned.......
Old 11-12-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyons124 View Post
ridiculously_necessary, why did you decide to go with the wvo designs pump. What pump were you running before. Did you have problems with it. Thanks.
they are cheaper than FASS and I need two pumps. im ditiching the mechanical setup i have. the PO installed a cheap system and it stopped working, i pulled it out a few weeks ago. it was a long and arduous task of removing two heater hoses (took about 5 mins).

another reason is i am of the same opinion as veggin, hes a sharp guy and ill give the pumps a shot.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegginpsd View Post
Leon has some great design ideas that I hope prove to work. Leon is one sharp cookie, and is trying to solve the faults in the Fass. Stay tuned.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculously_necessary View Post
they are cheaper than FASS and I need two pumps. im ditiching the mechanical setup i have. the PO installed a cheap system and it stopped working, i pulled it out a few weeks ago. it was a long and arduous task of removing two heater hoses (took about 5 mins).

another reason is i am of the same opinion as veggin, hes a sharp guy and ill give the pumps a shot.
I am tempted to buy one of his pumps as a spare. Leon is a good dude and stands behind his products. His warranty is the best. No questions asked, he will replace it. I have most of his products.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
I am tempted to buy one of his pumps as a spare. Leon is a good dude and stands behind his products. His warranty is the best. No questions asked, he will replace it. I have most of his products.
so your puttin his kids through college!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.