Thinking of converting to WVO.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SniperFolf
Thinking of converting to WVO..

Well I've been on this forum for two years and just with in the past week have I stumbled apon this section... Since then I have started my research for the conversion of my 02 7.3 to WVO. Well From what i have gathered as of to date.. There is a lot more reading I have to do(I.E. what it takes to convert and the theory of how it works.) I have been reading and this is the few links I have found to get started... The search button is awesome. I've read most of the sticky articles about the conversion. but I Have a few ideas for the storage and not many of the collection... I Have looked at this system and videos.

Turnkey Raw Power Centrifuge - Just Plug It In & Start Filtering Waste Vegetable Oil! - Utah Biodiesel Supply This is the system I am looking at It is a hand and hand coop fron simple and this utah bio.. Also i am looking at this system

Frybrid Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems -- Catalog the one for the 99 to 03 section.

For the manufacturing portion.. is that centrifuge system plenty? I figured my system would work as follows

What i have a questions about is the link between A and * So If i use a hot water heater as A i should run some lines between A and the * with some Inline filters? If so where can i find some of these kits... Also should i run a pre- A as described for the rest of this as ^a. so if i add a ^A like a 55 gallon drum feeding the water heater If so would that warrant a heater as well? or could the inline heater running with the * make the difference?because if i dont need it i dont want to spend the money... So if that theory is correct i would now look like this?

Oh and i understand how gravity works.. this is just a basic drawing.

And what about that kit for the truck it sounds like the one to go with just wanna make sure... also i found this video.. this guys set up looks way more simple than i am making it out but i was reading that heating before the* is a good deal..

On the Road Episode #1

ANy thing else i should be looking at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 05:43 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

for the night gonna cook some dinner then come back to this.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:03 AM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

ing this up again.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:52 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

Nightly anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You picked a good CF. No need to filter the oil as it enters the CF. Just put a small strainer to pull out any of the big chunks.

CFs are really simple. Feed it with some tank, heat it some how, catch the clean oil with some tank and have a drain for the junk at shutdown. pretty easy.

The V3 is nice but not sure you can get them at the moment. They are a nice complete kit. you can cut the price in half if you build something yourself. The down side to DIY is you will take a bunch of time and MANY MANY trips to the store and orders from all over. If you are willing to put that into it, you can build a kit yourself. DIY is also good for understanding what you are doing. The best kit on the market is useless if you have no clue what you are doing.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:45 AM

no need for inline filters. just use a screen when you deposite the dirty oil. if you store in a 55g drum, then get one of those $20 400 micron screens that fit the top. other than that its looking good. ill have to look at the frybrid setup though. all i can say is you dont want a system that mixes the fuel sin the fuel bowl.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
...The V3 is nice but not sure you can get them at the moment....
You can get them from the new parent company Biofuels Technologies.

http://www.biofuelstechnologies.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=21&category_id=6&option=com_virtu emart&Itemid=54

The new owner's name is Jay. He's a nice guy and can answer all your questions. At first, they were taking pre-order deposits and fabricating on-demand, but now I think they may have some pre-assembled kits.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:39 AM

ouch......
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
You picked a good CF. No need to filter the oil as it enters the CF. Just put a small strainer to pull out any of the big chunks.

CFs are really simple. Feed it with some tank, heat it some how, catch the clean oil with some tank and have a drain for the junk at shutdown. pretty easy.

The V3 is nice but not sure you can get them at the moment. They are a nice complete kit. you can cut the price in half if you build something yourself. The down side to DIY is you will take a bunch of time and MANY MANY trips to the store and orders from all over. If you are willing to put that into it, you can build a kit yourself. DIY is also good for understanding what you are doing. The best kit on the market is useless if you have no clue what you are doing.
DIY can save you some money but I second what tubular said about time & many tirps to the store for a DIY. If I could do it over i would order a kit.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:47 AM

Not me. I would do it over and over again. But i like the fun of it. Plus a kit is useless if you know nothing about what makes it work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.