for the 99-03 7.3 wvo dual tankers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
for the 99-03 7.3 wvo dual tankers

I have tank, I have oil. I searched but cant find any resources as to where my lines should be routed. Is there unused ports on the block that I can use or maybe a step by step guide for wvo fuel line routing?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 06:39 AM

is this a new setup? there are two unused ports, one is the front of the head the other is back, i dont recall which side is which on the SD. look where the current ones are, youll see the other ports opposite.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:06 AM

Its a new setup I am building on my own. So I can just connect my wvo line to one of the unused ports and block of the diesel when Im on WVO?

thanks
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 AM

yes and no.

you need a fitler, pump and the wiring for the pump, switch etc. so if you ahve that and not telling us then yes. if not then no. do you need a pump, filter and such, we have links.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 AM

I did not know about the pump or filter. I figured if I was gravity feeding with a heated tank then I didnt realize I would need to add a pump. So I still need a pump with a heated tank? Can you give me a link as to what type.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 AM

the psd wants about 65 psi of fuel. FASS HPFP ADJ pump for the one that wvodesigns should have in stock soon. after that youll need to plumb in a filter (pressure side), cik-tek and napa fil 4770 are resonably priced. where do you live? what does winter get like? this will change the game as well.

electical you will need to wire so your stock pump shuts off when your wvo pump kicks on. do you want a purge cycle?

there are a few good diy threads. check my DIY thread, at the bottom is tubulars diy setup. it has a lot of goodies in it that arent necessary, just convienient, automatic and failover items. but its all there. also read the HEUI thread and how it works, great info
Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 AM

i live in 29 palms ,ca. Which is desert.. think death valley (about 150 miles away). Winters get cold to the 30's and we get snow about every other year but from June to December the temperatures range from 75-125 degrees. So Im guessing that I dont want to plumb into my stock fuel pump with veggie oil?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 AM

nope. you would be lucky to get 5k out of it. a hotfox is probably all you need for fuel pickup and tank heat.

hot fox > HOH or HIH > wvo pump > fphe? > check valves > heads
Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM

can you give me a link to hotfox. Im in this for fuel and $ savings. The 105 gallon tank I bought is steel so I can weld pickups if needed. Hot fox is electrical? Im at work and a lot of websites are blocked but I will check when I get home.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 PM

Veg Power: power from vegetable oil, systems and supply has several. ill probably be getting their 22"-24" pickup fo rmy 105 tank. ive tossed around the idea of putting the fuel pickup in the L section of the tank, but probably wont. the hotfox is coolant heated. avoid electric heat when you can, just less reliable. coolant will always get hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.