Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

FUEL PUMP dual or single

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CharlieC 
#1 ·
what types of setups you have for your wvo & D2 fuel?
I was running single stock fuel pump for both. after 40K mi it failed. Looking to get another pump was wondering if dual pump or single pump ?

What kind you got?
How many miles on it?
Any pics on mounts?

Thanks

#2 ·
hey havent seen you around in a while!

I should be working on my upgrade withing the next few weeks. it will have a parallel fuel system, one pump for D2 and another for WVO. i have an OBS and my stock mechanical pump will go away. if i had an SD, i would use my stock pump for D2 and a FASS HPFP for WVO. Leon at wvodesigns is going to be coming out with a new pump for wvo sometime this summer.

i chose duals to reduce purge time, incrase efficiency, failover capability, keep the wvo out of the D2, etc. anyone running a DFA kit will have dual as well.

#3 ·
what types of setups you have for your wvo & D2 fuel?
I was running single stock fuel pump for both. after 40K mi it failed. Looking to get another pump was wondering if dual pump or single pump ?

What kind you got? -FASS HPFP
How many miles on it? 100K+
Any pics on mounts?

Thanks
Stock pump for both? Sounds like a greasecar kit...........?

#4 ·
I run two electric pumps. My mechanical pump also failed after 30k miles on SVO / d2.

I now have parallel systems. Raptor for the d2 side and FASS for the SVO side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.