CF setup/ parts list - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
CF setup/ parts list

so if i get this cf from a near by town, thats gonna start the cfin in the garage...

some of yall use water heaters, is that where you are dumping the dirty vo in to start the process?

what happens when the level goes down in the tank and the element is bare? does it damage it?

or is it best to heat it as it comes out of the upper tank and get heated on its way down to the cf?

so far i see i need

cf
2 pumps. 1 for in and 1 for out. prolly need another one to pump into truck.
250 tank for clean vo
55 gal tank either water heater or white drum
pvc
wiring and switches (might do a circuit breaker setup)
wood for stands
filters
strainer
ball valves

and thats all i can think of. anything else?

i am wanting to set this up first and get it down to a science and working before it goes into the truck.

the truck setup shouldnt be that hard since i already have a layout in my mind.

theres a harbor freight in tyler and theres also a place where i can get every fitting imaginable too.

some other sites

http://www.wvoshop.com/
http://www.goodgrease.com/
http://www.needasticker.com/emblems.htm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290334275591

Last edited by Jarrod B; 07-30-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

this is a good vid that i liked. also re reading clays setup.

ok one thing tub, where does old go in and clean come out?

the deal in the corner is the waste? that gets pumped into the wh. then into the cf and then gets pumped into the 250gal?

how do you keep the filter from cloggin up when the vo is cold?

the gravity fed deal seems good

tsc $549

Last edited by Jarrod B; 07-30-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gravity is your friend.

i would assume the top where water the water pipe is is where veg goes into the WH. let gravity feed your fuge, the heater elements should be ok as long as you have the thermostat set AND dont let it go dry. i believe Leons is set up so when the source empties there is still veg in the heater tube. the water heat is really just your high heat settle tank.

what are you planning on using filters for?
we dont reccomend pvc hot side, you can but if a tstat fails you have problems, Clay ran into that.

hit craigslist for a 275 gallon tote, around here clean used ones can be had for $80.

when you talk about filter cloggin when cold are you talking about on the truck or somewhere else? on the truck just use a chf, tubular has one he built, its in his setup pdf.

my plans (when we get a new house) are oo stack two totes and put the fuge to the side, between them and use gravity and air pressure if needed. try to get down on the number of pumps.

how far do you live from Tubular?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Banned

i am 2 ish hrs from him. if i went to go get that cf forsale, i would stop by for a bit and see his setup.

i was thinkin of getting 2 250s and stack em on top of each other and use some sort of inline heater. theres one that bolts on the side of the wvo designs cf that could work.

filters i dunno or what size to run yet. but a strainer for the dirty before it hits the cf.

filter cloggin on the house setup. wasnt gonna build the truck setup yet till this is done and perfected. btw how long does veggie last in storage before it goes in the truck?

the cl here has nothing. but ill keep lookin.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:47 AM

at most use a spin on polish filter after the fuge. if you want, get a 120v heat wrap. but most people dont use a polishing filter. the one you put in your veg conversion should be more than sufficient. definitly a strainer, i got a 400 micron drum strainer for liek $20 or something like that.

i was asking because we are supposed to be down there for thanksgiving, its always good to meet other veg geeks.

veggie can last anywhere from 6 months to a year or so after it leaves the fryer. you can get a biocide to extend storage. as long as your storage is relatively dry and cool youll be fine. water certainly shortens the life without biocide.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

Store | Absolute Centrifuge

has anyone had good results with that brand? the $550 and im guessin im gonna have to fab up the rest?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
this is a good vid that i liked. also re reading clays setup.

ok one thing tub, where does old go in and clean come out?

the deal in the corner is the waste? that gets pumped into the wh. then into the cf and then gets pumped into the 250gal?

how do you keep the filter from cloggin up when the vo is cold?

the gravity fed deal seems good
the dirty oil is pulled with the HF pump into the waterheater. at about 30 seconds you can see the ball valve with the 90 pointing to the left. that is the dirty oil in port. I close the valve on the bottom of the HWH and open this and oil is pulled into the HWH.

At about 34 you can see the red valve that controls the on\off for the CF. its fed with gravity so no pump needed to feed the CF.

The clean oil is pulled from the bottom of the tote with the second pump that is under the CF. it pushes the oil through the pipes to the nozzle at the front of the garage that fills the truck.

another wonderful tubular vid walked into the garage and shot this for Leons drawing. I did not win Can you tell I should have been voice over guy? haha yea right! No practice, no takes, just one shot and go!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculously_necessary View Post
i was asking because we are supposed to be down there for thanksgiving, its always good to meet other veg geeks.
You better stay for more then 5 minutes this time!! :

Hey how about you and jarrod come over! Maybe Ill make my world famous burgers. Or we can just hang around and drink
Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

what week is that on? i stil want to head up there sometime to see yall and setup.

need motivation.

and money
Old 08-06-2010, 01:22 PM

amen to the money. ill know more as thanksgiving gets closer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.