my diy wvo conversion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my diy wvo conversion

Well I've started on my diy conversion and I thought I should make a post for it just for some advice and a few questionsor to help anyone else trying to do the same thing. First off it is going on a 2000 f250 with the 7.3. I custom built a 65 gallon heated tank in that fits in the back of the bed. Both the filter and pump for wvo are mounted on the side of the tank. I have attached a diagram of my set up, the pic is not very good but it helps. Brown is vo, blue is coolant, yellow circles are gauges. The diagram is shown while driving on diesel, all of the sov's are de-energized. I will have one on/off switch for the pump and a 3 position switch for vo/neutral/purge. The vo position will all 3 sov's, neutral will de-energize all 3 (start up), and purge will de-energize just the diesel supply sov so to purge the system before shutdown. I'm using a recirculating system for the vo to help heat it. When I start up I will turn on the pump to start the recirc loop, and once it is hot enough I will switch the 3 pos switch to vo. ANy problems with this setup? Since I am fairly new to this truck my question now is where do I tie into the fuel line and where is the stock diesel return line? Thanks for all the help ad I'll be updating this thread with pictures along the way
Attached Thumbnails
my diy wvo conversion-img_0130.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 PM

This is a little better picture of the diagram. I'll take pics of the tank/filter/pump tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
my diy wvo conversion-img_0133.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 04:28 AM

im still trying to decipher your diagram, but first to note, international convieniently place two more fuel ports for us to run veg! so no need to tie into the stock fuel line. on your 2k psd they are opposite the stock feed lines in the head. front and back of the heads respectivly. tubular031 may have a pic of this in his setup. put a couple of cv's there and run the fuel in. also may want to put a couple of cv's on the diesel side same location, if the 2nd gen psd doesnt have them already, which i think it may.

what does sov mean? its early am in sure im just missing something.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 AM

the sov's are 3 way solenoid valves. Ive read about the otherfuel ports, but how would I run the return from those? To me it jst looks like it would be easier to tie into one stock fuel feed line instead of making two new ones? maybe its more complicated then that?
Thanks for the help
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM

if you want a regulated return then thats good as well. in that fase i would tie in just before the heads with a 4-way and 2 check valves. thats how i would do it anyway. there are many methods. just dont let your veg mix into the D2 fuel bowl.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 AM

ok, could I not tie in right before the fuel bowl?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
are you wanting to use the stock fuel filter? or no. if yes. dont. setup a separate veggie filter and its best not to contaminate your diesel system for potential issues that might arise.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
are you wanting to use the stock fuel filter? or no. if yes. dont. setup a separate veggie filter and its best not to contaminate your diesel system for potential issues that might arise.
Ah young gwrasshoppa...your learning well.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 PM

No, I am running a completely seperate system for the vo with a seperate filter and pump, but my question is will it be clean enough to run through the fuel bowl from there? or will i go through filters too quickly? If I tie the vo lines into the unused ports, how would I run the return lines? or would there even be a return line since the fuel is deadheaded?
Thanks for all the help
Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I see now. Its a dead head setup with them check valves. it should be clean enough after the cf run. And the fiter for the rest.

Then purge the engine before shutdown to burn the veggie out of the heads and be full of diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.