'Testing the Water' - Experience with HHO? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'Testing the Water' - Experience with HHO?

I am currently testing a home-built HHO kit on a 2007 6.0L F-350 SD, and want to get some feedback from other forum members that have tried it. I have read numerous forum threads and know all about the Law of Thermodynamics and why the laws of phsyics says it can't be done, but still wanted to try it for myself. Before I post any info about the type of setup, amp draw, LPM output and mpg averages, I just wanted to test the waters here and see what other memebers WHO HAVE TESTED AN HHO SYSTEM have observed. I am data logging with both an SCT X3 Device and a Scan Gauge II to monitor as many PID's as possible over the course of a few months, and already have some data. I will gladly post what I have documented, if needed, but not if a bunch of folks start posting that HHO is bunk or cannot possibly work. IF you have tried a HHO system and it did not help your mpg, fine. If it did work, let me know by PM or by posting in this thread. I am not selling any type of booster or kit, nor am I promoting a specific design. What I am doing is trying to improve the crappy fuel mileage on the 6.0L. With 170K miles, it gets at best 16 mpg hwy and 10-11 mpg here on the farm. JSM84
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i'm interested in building one if u could give me the basics. my 7.3 gets about the same milage as yours and i'm sick of it as well. i do know a guy that built on for a diesel vw, heard it didn't help milage though, maybe i should get some input from him, if that might help you?
Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

panheadjay, if you'd like, i can send you a couple links in a PM on my setup and the results that are posted on an HHO-users' forum. I would be interested in more info on the VW, too, JSM84
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM

any info on how well it is working for you so far?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:03 PM

yea pm me that info! and i'll see what info i can dig up on the vw.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 AM

I had a little bit of luck on my gasser but I have heard that diesels do better as long as you can get enought gass to them.. approx 3-4 lmp.

Has any one had any luck with a 6.0L?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 PM

A friend of mine has a Smacks booster ( I think that's what it is) on his 96 Dodge v10 gasser & he says he has seen no difference. Another friend has one on his farm tractor & says he has seen an improvement in power but no increase in mileage. I have not personally tested one my self.

Please keep us informed of your progress & results. I run veg in my 7.3 so I'm not to concerned about putting one on my powerstroke but the wifes Jeep Liberty is a pig on gas & would definetly put one on that if they work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.