Any large collection dumpster ideas? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any large collection dumpster ideas?

I found a great source of oil from a restaurant that produces more then I need weekly. The catch is I have to provide my own collection dumpster. It needs to be at least 200 gallons ( about what they go through weekly during the busy season ), and the restaurant owner doesn't want a bunch of 55 gallon drums. I started to retrofit an old 275 gallon fuel oil tank but am starting to think that some sort of square to rectangular metal bin would work best. Anybody out there have some experience or ideas? They bring the oil out hot, so it has to be metal. Considering I still haven't received the V3 I ordered on April 1st, this may just all be a wast of time

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010, 05:35 AM

Good job on the oil score. Hope you get your v3 soon. Im buyin jed196's truck with a v3 installed hes got listed on DFA. Now I need to source some oil. And buy a fuge.

Maybe check CL for used trash bins(the kind trash trucks dump) and weld some mesh on the tops to keep critters out.

EDIT.... couldnt think of their name at first but i was refering to dumpsters
Old 05-23-2010, 07:01 AM

WVO dumpsters- NEW

245 Gallon WVO restaurant oil collection bin container - eBay (item 160415173880 end time Jun-17-10 07:27:30 PDT)

Here it is on their website

GreEnergy Systems
Old 05-23-2010, 10:25 AM

those look sweet. It would help to score some sources if i had some of those. Too bad their shipping is $1 mile and i live 1200 miles away.
You by chance arn't getting any vegginpsd are you?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:36 AM

well, thus far I have not needed to.

But, the thought has crossed my mind. This is why I had already searched for and found them.

My focus has been concentrated on INDOOR reclamation and onsite filtration. Sort of a different angle to take on the whole thing, but it better suits me and will definately be a better system for the two properties I am now working on.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Yep, those bins look great but the shipping is a problem. It did inspire me to find a job box, cut a smaller door on the top and add a lid. I think that's gonna be the solution. By the way is there anyone else out there still waiting on the V3, its approaching 2 months and I never once got a phone call to tell me about the delays. Kinda bummed about the costumer service so far. You would think after paying someone over $4000, you'd at least get a heads up that the product won't arrive for until a month and a half after you were told it would. Oh well, what can you do.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 AM

Try Golden Fuel systems. They use the V3 module. Cancel with DFA and go to GFS.

That is rediculous.........
Old 05-23-2010, 01:47 PM

I will call DFA tomorrow and see whats going on, if they haven't shipped it yet, then unfortunately it may be time to find another company. I was really hoping to use the V3, but its hard to install a system that never arrives. Believe me, I was pretty hyped about the V3 and want to believe that its as good of a system as you all say, but if you look at it from my situation, its hard for me to give those guys the praise that you all seem to. I hope this all works out and I get the system by the end of the week, ( like I have been told I would for awhile now ), last week, the week before, the week before etc... I really don't want to offend anyone, I'm just hoping this all will work out soon. Maybe a month from now, with the V3 installed, I will be able to sing its slow arsses praise
Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidschaffer View Post
I will call DFA tomorrow and see whats going on, if they haven't shipped it yet, then unfortunately it may be time to find another company. I was really hoping to use the V3, but its hard to install a system that never arrives. Believe me, I was pretty hyped about the V3 and want to believe that its as good of a system as you all say, but if you look at it from my situation, its hard for me to give those guys the praise that you all seem to. I hope this all works out and I get the system by the end of the week, ( like I have been told I would for awhile now ), last week, the week before, the week before etc... I really don't want to offend anyone, I'm just hoping this all will work out soon. Maybe a month from now, with the V3 installed, I will be able to sing its slow arsses praise

GFS uses the V3, adds a HPFP and apparently HIH.......give them a call.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:07 PM

Call one of the commercial wvo collectors and see if they have a small used greese dumpster on the cheep.
My fam owns a restaurant and thats what I did.
Gave $250 bucks for it and had to fix it up a bit but no more complaining about putting it back in the cubies from the staff. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.