Mexican Diesel Fuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements Bio-Diesel and related Discussion. Ask Questions and discuss what has worked for you here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mexican Diesel Fuel

Anybody have information on whether a 7.3L and 6.0L can use Mexican LSD fuel without causing problems? I live in Baja Mexico and would like to get a F250 4x4. But before I buy I want to make sure Mexican fuel won't be an issue. I can get Ultra Low Diesel only occasionally. What suggestions does anyone have for a model-year and engine combo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Both the 6.0 and 7.3 were designed to run on LSD, not this ULSD crap that we are forced to use in the states. I had a 150ga tank built with intentions of filling up in Tecate, and have had no issue with the fuel there, Santa Rosalia, Mulige, Gueronegro or Sanquintin. Probably butchered the spelling on those. Just stick to the stations that pump a lot of fuel, carry a spare filter just in case and you should be fine with either motor.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Great info. Thanks. I was spending my time trying to find a 7.3L but seems like people hang on to those. They're hard to find with less than 250K miles. But...with your info to go on, I found a nice 2006 350 6.0L in San Diego for $18,000. Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

I think you will be fine, there is more diesels in MX, than we have in the states. I have used a lot of it on trips and never changed a fuel filter early. Like JS said be sure to buy from stations that have high volume sales.
Good luck to you on your new to you truck.
Doug
Old 05-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
I think you will be fine, there is more diesels in MX, than we have in the states. I have used a lot of it on trips and never changed a fuel filter early. Like JS said be sure to buy from stations that have high volume sales.
Good luck to you on your new to you truck.
Doug
the vid in your link doesnt appear to be working...
Old 05-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Question No. 2 Diesel

I have a somewhat related question about my 2009 6.4L Powerstroke. I was in a small town this weekend and there was no Ultra Low Sulfur fuel available, only the No. 2 diesel. Is the No. 2 diesel low sulfur diesel (vs. ultra low?) I only bought 15 gallons, enough to get me back home. Other than a regen at only 150 miles, it seemed to be okay. My question is: Is it okay to use the No. 2 diesel that seems to be the only thing available in some of the small towns here in Idaho? Will it cause any long term effects on the engine?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc0340 View Post
I have a somewhat related question about my 2009 6.4L Powerstroke. I was in a small town this weekend and there was no Ultra Low Sulfur fuel available, only the No. 2 diesel. Is the No. 2 diesel low sulfur diesel (vs. ultra low?) I only bought 15 gallons, enough to get me back home. Other than a regen at only 150 miles, it seemed to be okay. My question is: Is it okay to use the No. 2 diesel that seems to be the only thing available in some of the small towns here in Idaho? Will it cause any long term effects on the engine?
#2 is ULSD standard, what is is that your getting at home? im curious now...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i went to mexico on my truck a couple of times, never had a problem on my 6 liter, I know a truck driver that smugle's diesel an sell it on this side,
Old 05-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Took a trip down to southern Mexico last winter, no problems whatsoever running on Pemex diesel.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculously_necessary View Post
#2 is ULSD standard, what is is that your getting at home? im curious now...
This is my first diesel and I have less than 1K miles on the truck. The weekend was our first foray towing our 5er. Anyway, all I know is that here at home (near Boise, Idaho) it is only called Ultra Low Sulfur diesel. What I bought in the small town was labeled as No. 2 diesel and I wasn't sure if there was a difference. Thanks for getting back to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.