Kenworth,peterbilts,macks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Big Rigs Over the road truckin' talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gear Jammer
Kenworth,peterbilts,macks

KENWORTH,PETERBILTS,MACKS is that what they mean by work trucks. Is any one else on here in to big trucks. I drive one and was just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

reply to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer
KENWORTH,PETERBILTS,MACKS is that what they mean by work trucks. Is any one else on here in to big trucks. I drive one and was just wondering.
I did till Feb 1997 and diganosed with Cancer and due to the results of the cancer I was unable to go back to my driving job as I was on Iv pump 12 hrs a day 7 days a week did that for almost 30 months but they had me on Tinture of Opium and Tinture of Belladonna decide to try to go back to work as I felt that I had no purpose in life best therapy I did was go for a road test in a LONG nose Pete a classic 359 with 425 cat with 15 spd double over made me druel like a kid in a candy store. I found a guy that was need ing a driver hauling sand and gravel to a concrete plant this guy was very understanding let me work and do what I thought I could do but I finally had to quit and stay at home again . now I am driving a school bus feels good but still miss the large cars last truck I drove was a 1994 Frtliner set back axle with 450 60 series Detroit with 15 spd over drive with 4:11's top end with a 52'000 lb payload was 98 mph uphill downhill now that is trailer trucking
Old 11-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gear Jammer
Well i drive a 96 Mack CL with a 460hp mack and a 18spd. Tri axle dump really good truck. My dad owns a 2001 peterbilt 379 475CAT 18spd. that truck has lots of power. Did you ever drive Over the road am looking to get into that type of trucking. I hear it pays alot better then local. Am glan to hear am not the only gear jammer of this fourm.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

There are more, I'll see if I cant get some out from hiding.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Big Diesels

Hey guys... I work on alot of bigger diesels at my shop. We're a Ford, Mack, Sterling, and Isuzu dealer, but we usually work on whatever comes in off the road, regardless of what it is. I gotta say, I dont mind working on the big diesels, I just can't drive the bastards to save my life. My mantra is definently
"If you can't find 'em, grind 'em", and I really grind 'em.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Oh man.....if only I just won the lotto! I'd buy me a real sweet Pete! Say, does anyone know of any websites where they have some pictures or videos of the big semi truck sled pullers? I found a couple on a site and saw a couple pull many years back in the RCA dome at a monster truck show. I have never seen any pull at any of the diesel sled pulls i've been to. I figured a few would come out for exhibition type stuff or something....
Old 11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

I'm going to try to get cominus on this forum, he hasnt been here in a little bit, but he had a sweet Pete that he still has pics of. It was a Purple Peterbilt 379? Tall stacks, 15 spd... Anyways, I'll see if I cant get him here.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Hey Jammer, my brother-in-law is a truck driver. I'm not sure if you saw this thread where I posted some pics he took at a truck show in Dallas or not -

http://www.powerstrokeforum.com/foru...hread.php?t=75
Old 11-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks, Lem, for the link to this thread.

Love the big trucks. Haven't driven in a couple years, looking at a 2000 Freightliner class 70 with custom body -- expeditor, car hauler type. Looking for a contract to justify the purchase.

Anyway, my old truck was a 1988 Pete 279, 425 cat, 15 spd Eaton. Smooth runner, loved the highway but set up for dump truck. Driving dump truck is great, you get to pull down power lines and stuff (did that once!). You can see my old purple pete at: http://www.cougargulch.com/funpages/purplePeterbilt.php

Regarding over the road: Sure the pay is better but you are away from your family and if you are an owner/operator you've got to wait for your money and sometimes have to work on collections while you are trying to meet deadlines. But you get to see a lot of country. I enjoyed local dump truck work, which sometimes took me out of State. Often to Washington and sometimes to Montana.

Been gone for a while. Great to be back and see what's going on at the forum!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
used to drive too. my favorite was a 1997 western star with a 425 hp cat and 10speed eaton fuller. it was a straight truck with a 3500 gallon liquid nitrogen tank mounted on its frame rails....man i still remember hitting the jake around 75 mph with a full load while on a slight downward slope.....ahhhh! excuse me i gotta go cleanup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.