Attention Drivers. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Big Rigs Over the road truckin' talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Attention Drivers.

If you haven't heard, the FMCSA and US DOT are getting ready to shove more regulations on drivers, you need to check out the new Hours of Service, Electronic On Board Recorders, Speed Limiters that are all being proposed........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 04:29 PM

You gettin on the FMCSA website or what and WTF they just changed our hour crap and dont want no cell phones? SO WTF do they want now?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0junky View Post
You gettin on the FMCSA website or what and WTF they just changed our hour crap and dont want no cell phones? SO WTF do they want now?
EOBRs and Speed Limiters.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDriver View Post
EOBRs and Speed Limiters.
To me, it just makes older vehicles more valuable.

I will NEVER have Big Sister in my home or car... or anything I personally own, for that matter.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:12 PM

they can screw off this is rediculus. Let swift and jbhunt be the slow pokes this is stupid. Why not just keep doin what they have been nail the idiots and leave the rest of us alone
Old 02-15-2011, 04:14 PM

I hate to bust your bubble ToMang07 but since the late 90's all vehicals commerical or not have had some type of eobr. The large trucks have a black box from the factory.I've seen in the past several bad wrecks that involved fatality's, were the truck gets impouded and the dot pulls the box to get a conviction .. I'm not for them nor against , I drive hundred thousand plus miles a year, If we did not have them just think of the crap , and the quailty of people we would have driving on the roads. My family gets out there and I would think that drivers would want to know that there is a rested and alert driver driveing when ther family is on the road. I'm just saying my .02cents thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 PM

Im not hollerin bout the eobr but the speed limiter is retarded how many problems do slow trucks cause on the interstate? ALOT. keep everybody goin the same speed and its less changing lanes and passing and when you get stuck behind a slow truck and you ARE a slow truck you go to pass and hold up EVERYONE behind you while it takes you 10 mins to get around them. Its stupid p!ss on the DOTS and the FMCSA. Some laws are great yes, Im not worried about hours right now because you get plenty of time to drive but some of this stuff is stupid.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker yanker 01 View Post
I hate to bust your bubble ToMang07 but since the late 90's all vehicals commerical or not have had some type of eobr. The large trucks have a black box from the factory.I've seen in the past several bad wrecks that involved fatality's, were the truck gets impouded and the dot pulls the box to get a conviction .. I'm not for them nor against , I drive hundred thousand plus miles a year, If we did not have them just think of the crap , and the quailty of people we would have driving on the roads. My family gets out there and I would think that drivers would want to know that there is a rested and alert driver driveing when ther family is on the road. I'm just saying my .02cents thanks
I understand what you are saying, and that you are refering to big rigs... but as far as Black box's and such, they are talking about having speed limiters and the box in future private vehicles as well. And Like I said... It aint gonna happen.

I will rip $#!T apart with a torch and a crowbar first... Big Brother/Sister is far overstepping their bounds... and pretty soon people will start to wake up and see that.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
I understand what you are saying, and that you are refering to big rigs... but as far as Black box's and such, they are talking about having speed limiters and the box in future private vehicles as well. And Like I said... It aint gonna happen.

I will rip $#!T apart with a torch and a crowbar first... Big Brother/Sister is far overstepping their bounds... and pretty soon people will start to wake up and see that.

THANK GOD THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 PM

It's the insurance companys push the speed limiters. If your truck is able to do more the the highest in your state, and you have a accident they can sue your co. Most of our co. trucks are set at 64 mph because the state speed limit in PA is 65. We are paid by the hr. so it dosn't matter. the speed limiter is part of the factory computer in late 90's and newer trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.