CSA 2010 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Big Rigs Over the road truckin' talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CSA 2010

Curious what everybody thinks of this.

Welcome! CSA 2010, Comprehensive Safety Analysis

CSA 2010 Some Answers to your Questions

CSA 2010 An FMCSA Safety Initiative Introduction to Drivers

I had a headlight go out literally 150 feet before I passed a cop in the middle tonight. If he wanted to be an @ss and write me a ticket, this could have affected my personal safety record. On occasion, I run overweight. But I think I'll just start refusing the loads since it will start affecting my own safety record. They want me to run heavy, I get caught going around scales, points on my license, I'm disqualified for driving. Ugh, do I refuse loads and get fired, or just push my luck for as long as possible before being disqualified for driving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 04:30 PM

I get overweight citations from time to time, but it goes against the company - not the driver. No points or any demerits.

Now, dodging a scale is a moving violation; but why would I do that? My company pays the tickets for any overweight vehicles. (but maybe it is different in your state)
Old 01-21-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK23112 View Post

I get overweight citations from time to time, but it goes against the company - not the driver. No points or any demerits.

Now, dodging a scale is a moving violation; but why would I do that? My company pays the tickets for any overweight vehicles. (but maybe it is different in your state)
Part of the Comprehensive Safety Analysis initiative would mean that ANY violation you receive while driving now counts against you as well. I don't pay the fine for being overweight, but I have better things to do with my time than sitting behind a scale house for a few hours. They can pay the fine, but they can't take the points off of my license.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:33 PM

CSA 2010, another thing the government can come along and screw up and your screwed and they dont' have to admit any fault.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:35 AM

In VA, there are no 'points' assessed against your driving record - or I would have lost my driving privileges years ago. Being too heavy is not a moving violation - at least it was that way the last time I went through the I-95 scale in Dumfries, VA.

The most I have been delayed by an overweight citation has been about fifteen or twenty minutes - except once when my company had forgotten to pay an old fine and my company-owned truck was "impounded" until the boss man paid it with a credit card. That was fun!

In this state, getting a ticket for being overweight results in a 'Virginia Overweight Citation' and it is made out against the company - rather than the driver. As a driver, I merely "accept service" for the ticket and the truck's owner (company) is responsible for going to court or paying the fine. Now, it may be set up differently in other states; I don't know. Seeing as to how VA is a commonwealth (Latin for 'communist') state, they probably just want the money. LOL!

I hope they don't change this rule, however, as I don't want ANY points on my driving record (especially for someone else's mistake).

P.S. I was in a truck running empty and I got "pulled" for a random inspection. They did a Level One check and then put a green 'CVSA' sticker on the right-hand side of the windshield -- probably to alert troopers that I am OK if I happen to go through there again soon.

Last edited by JK23112; 01-23-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA2010.com
What does this mean to me as a Driver?

* For the first time, each commercial vehicle license holder (YOU!) will be assigned a ‘Safety Record.”
* YOUR safety record will follow you regardless of the company you work for or contract with.
* YOUR activity on the highway, i.e. roadside inspection violations, accidents, tickets, even warning tickets will have a negative impact on your personal safety record.
* YOU could lose your ability to drive for a living as a result of a poor safety record. Companies will HIRE and FIRE based on your safety record.
* YOUR PAY could be affected as a result of a poor safety record. Likewise, you could earn MORE with a favorable safety record!!

It has been explained to me, that even though your state currently doesn't assign points for certain violations, this new initiative will create a personal safety record that will contain all violations you incur, moving or not. This safety record can and will determine a driver's employment status.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 AM

Oh swell; I wonder whose idea this crap is/was. I bet the feds have something to do with it, and they're likely to threaten witholding of federal highway funds as a method of coercing the states into implementing their agenda.

Driving for a living is already stressful and enough of a pain in the arse without this added headache. Jeez!

I suppose I'll take a gander at that CVSA web page and see what is in store for us. Another case of keeping my fingers crossed and the Vaseline warm!

** EDIT **

Jake - There seems to be a difference between CVSA.org and CVSA.com ( CVSA ) and ( www.cvsa.com ); possibly that one of them involves a for-profit company. I have a feeling that some people will get very rich from this plan, while we drivers are going to fall under heavier scrutiny and there will not be any noticeable difference in highway safety. We both know that nothing will get better in that area until all drivers (cars and trucks) improve their skills, learn how to exercise lane discipline (keep to right unless passing another vehicle) & change lanes properly (i.e., by using a blinker) and show a bit of courtesy.

Yeah; I am not going to hold my breath!

Last edited by JK23112; 01-24-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:51 AM

Check out "THE LOCKRIDGE REPORT" on Sirius/XM on the Road Dog channel from 2-4 p.m. EST every day, Evan gives alot of info on this, also check out The Lockridge Report on Facebook, more info is posted there.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

They say that ~175,000 drivers will be disqualified when they implement this.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:44 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

I have been following this for a few months now. Not real thrilled about it. The fleet that we run is always clean and up to date, but it will only take one headlight out or brake line rubbed to put points on your license. I think this system is gonna end up getting canned. I do support getting bad drivers off the road, but there is no limitation for what LEO's can do to someone. This can and will be a life changing event for anyone with a CDL that gets into trouble. I belong to Trucking Jobs, Companies, CDL Schools, Info | TheTruckersReport.com and they are recommending that every ticket that you get you should fight it. This can only go on so long before it starts to cost way more time and money to fight dumb tickets. I am not buying it when people say "if you run legal and keep your rig clean you will be ok". Like i said, it'll only take a LEO who's having a bad day to screw you up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.