Funny Big Rig Stories - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Big Rigs Over the road truckin' talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Funny Big Rig Stories

Back when I first started driving semi, I worked for a JD dealer driving a 1978 GMC Astro with a 8V-92 and 13 speed pulling a double drop machinery trailer.

Anyhow, one summer I got to haul the local municipal band for a parade. I got through the parade fine but as I got back to the bandshell, I had to make a tight corner with cars on both sides of the street parked clear to the corner. So I'm making the corner slowly but surely with mere inches on any side,(Mind you, the whole band is still on the trailer as I'm doing this.), as I clear the cars the whole band goes "TAH DAH"!!!! I about jumped out of the cab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 PM

mighty fine piece of driving
Old 08-01-2009, 10:05 AM

Old 08-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDriver View Post
Back when I first started driving semi, I worked for a JD dealer driving a 1978 GMC Astro with a 8V-92 and 13 speed pulling a double drop machinery trailer.

Anyhow, one summer I got to haul the local municipal band for a parade. I got through the parade fine but as I got back to the bandshell, I had to make a tight corner with cars on both sides of the street parked clear to the corner. So I'm making the corner slowly but surely with mere inches on any side,(Mind you, the whole band is still on the trailer as I'm doing this.), as I clear the cars the whole band goes "TAH DAH"!!!! I about jumped out of the cab.
AH hahaha

that's awesome! nice peace of driving
Old 08-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

I've been driving with my Class B now for 10 months. Nothing too major has happened to me yet. Driving the straight truck is just like a bigger version of my truck.

The only "accident" I have had, I clipped mirrors with a Penske rental truck on this SUPER narrow street in an older part of downtown St. Louis. The truck was parked on the right side of the road. So I saw it, I went wide to avoid it. I thought I went wide enough. NOPE. my mirror hit the mirror on the Penske truck. WHAM! lucky our mirrors are designed to fold with impact, but I about made my co-driver $HIT cause it came flyin and hit the side of the door with a loud bang. The front of the mirror housing on my truck just cracked, BUT I tore the mirror clean off the Penske truck. That was my first month driving, since then I haven't had any marks.

At work we have to park in front of convenient stores to make deliveries. So we back up to the sidewalk and pull out our ramp. I know exactly where the *** end of my truck and where it's gonna be. Sometimes I have to fit the truck into some tight spots. I have complete faith in my abilities, such is the nature of my job. NOW, other people don't seem to have as much faith in my abilities as I do. Cause as I get close to their car, the start to panic. honking, yelling and such. I find it funny, most cases I'm not even THAT close to them that thye should panic, but they do.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 AM

I had a four wheeler tonight that gave me the "your #1" because I was in the left lane (he didn't see the cop ahead on the right shoulder). He came flying up on my right, obviously not paying attention to anything else, and gave me the finger. I got lucky and the cop was finishing up paperwork after letting another four wheeler go. Not a good idea to fly (prob 75-80 in a 65) by a cop on the shoulder. Move over or slow down, stupid. Made my day.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLewis79 View Post
I had a four wheeler tonight that gave me the "your #1" because I was in the left lane (he didn't see the cop ahead on the right shoulder). He came flying up on my right, obviously not paying attention to anything else, and gave me the finger. I got lucky and the cop was finishing up paperwork after letting another four wheeler go. Not a good idea to fly (prob 75-80 in a 65) by a cop on the shoulder. Move over or slow down, stupid. Made my day.

idiots
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLewis79 View Post
morons but always funny when it happens. I drive a tri axle dump over the summer and on weekends to pay for school so I dont get the newest truck in the fleet so im always that slower guy and i never end up in the left lane
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to big hauss
When i was driving and the reason i got fired. I was running dedicated for a family dollar account out of west memphis arkansas to valdalia Louisanna. I had drove all night and got to the store about an hour ahead of schedule, when i went to turn the truck around to unload. The only place to unload was the front door of the store, I was lined up with the door but my trailer was sitting in the front door when i got done.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 PM

I was turning into a Pilot truck stop off I-65 in Indiana about a month ago, and a car was waiting to pull out. I swung as far as I could and still knew she was gonna have to back up. Most people never understand they are gonna have to move until you put the trailer axles right up to their bumper so that's what I did. She started backing up and I was still in the road so I started pulling up and soon as she started backing up. I was watching the trailer in the apparently so was she because she backed right into the pickup truck behind her lol. Crunched her bumper pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.