Well, I've been working for my new trucking company solid since I've gotten out of school. I've found there's a big difference between what you learn in school, & what you learn from experienced drivers & my own experiences on the road. I'm slowly but surely learning how to become a better truck driver each & everyday & I absolutely love my job....however, in the whole 1 month & 1 week I've been working for this company, I've found many points that tell me(& every innocent motorist that's been around me when I'm driving!)----------------I absolutely suck!!!
Don't get me wrong, I love my job & wouldn't trade it for the world, but here's some of the instances I've gotten myself in that show I've got a lot to learn & I hope they make you laugh. Just be nice if you post. Here goes:
1. When I have a 53', no matter how wide I take my turns, I still manage to run over a curb and/or someone's lawn.
2. One of the #1 rules of driving truck is never to get yourself into a situation where you have to back up......well......I get myself into one of them everyday.
3. I don't use road atlas' to find my deliveries/pick-ups...........I use a Tom-Tom.....that thinks I'm a hybrid, not a 27' or 53' trailer standing 13'6".
4. The most commonly used phrase I'm yelling inside my cab is "Where the hell's 3rd!?!?!?!?!" *GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR---------IIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNDDD!!!*
5. I hold the record @ work of pulling down the most phone and/or cable lines @ about 9 my 1st week driving alone. 2nd to my record is a guy that pulled down 2.
6. I also hold the record crushing customers wheel chocks they provide @ their docks because I forgot to remove them when I leave.
7. Dispatch? Who the hell's that?
8. When I've got a pup trying to blind/sight a dock, I look like a gigantic tail of a dog wagging.....& no matter how hard I try lining the trailer up with the lines on the sides of the dock, I'm STILL crooked.
9. My left calf is about the size of my thigh because I still haven't gotten powershifting down 100%.....yup, I'm still double-clutching.
10. The 1st truck I had looks like an infantry soldier in the bush........from whacking low-hanging tree branches.
11. I still trust the dockworkers @ my barn to load my truck correctly according to the manifests.......then I find out after I've unloaded 1800lbs. of freight by hand because it was loaded in the nose that I should just load the damn truck myself.
12. Sometimes I find myself pushing in the maxi brake and
the tractor protection when I'm unhooking..........."why am I losing air pressure????"
13. If you're ever in RI, MA, or CT & hear on the radio there's a major traffic jam on a main road instead of a highway.....it's not an accident, it's me trying to alley dock off of the street.
That's it for now. There are probably many life lessons of driving truck I am sure to learn, so stay tuned for more A-truck bloopers!
"HEAVY" 2001 F-250 XLT 4x4 EC SB
TW 6pos chip, S&B CAI, Monster 4" exhaust w/ Power Elbow, Big Head WGA, Technicooler, ITP boost fooler, Gen 1 Wicked Wheel, Six-Gun Tuner, Optima Yellow Tops, AutoMeter(Boost, Trans, EGT), CCV mod, MTS TC, MTS valve body, Trans Tech performance rebuild kit, TransGo shift kit, Hornblasters 242 Shocker Train Horns.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.