Sometimes I hate driving - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Big Rigs Over the road truckin' talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sometimes I hate driving

What a bad day. On my way up to Michigan City, I was pulling 1 empty pup and got a red light on the prepass at the 80 scales. Got pulled on to the pad for about 3 minutes. On the way back, I grossed about 79500 and got a green light.

Then I hear one of our guys got tangled up with a four wheeler in MI and blew both converter tires on the driver's side and ended up rolling his tag trailer into the median. Everybody was ok.

Then I had a four wheel cut me off and slam on the brakes to try to make an exit. I saw 2 carseats in the backseat of the car and REALLY tried not to hit them and push them into the yellow water barrels dividing the highway and the exit ramp. Luckily nobody hit anybody or anything, but I was forced off of the highway onto the exit and had to pay another toll to get back on.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stumblefoot
Yeah that sounds like a bad day. I drive a governed (60 MPH) truck in TX and LA both 70 mph states. I'm the one that B and Snieder take so long to pass. Not only do the 4 wheelers hate me (well the company) but the trucks arent very nice either I dont blame them, this is the first time Ive had a truck that wouldnt run at least 70. Of course the company wont put any phone numbers on the truck or trailer. The company is Lane Freight owned by Link America. The pay and miles suck too, but I'll save that for another post.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:07 PM

I just about drove the dump truck i was driving off an embankment today tryin to avoid some dumbass driving almost all the way in my lane on a 2-lane mtn road.

I left a nasty set of black marks(pretty sure all 10 tires left rubber on the road), and i'm pretty sure his ears were ringin for quite awhile after that. I laid on the air horns for a longggggg while.

He acted like he never even noticed tho. He Never missed a beat. Never gave or anything, only reason i didn't hit him was because i slammed the brakes on, and dove onto what shoulder i could dive onto.

Bad thing is i've been hauling on that road all week, and about every other car i come to is driving left of center in the curves

Damn morons sure would be nice if people would learn how to drive wouldn't it?

I swear the bigger the vehicle, the more people wanna try crazy, stupid moves in front of it
Old 07-17-2009, 04:11 PM
wriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalRollinRoosterCruiser View Post
I swear the bigger the vehicle, the more people wanna try crazy, stupid moves in front of it
Old 07-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I feel for you guys. I have never understood someone's mentality of jacking with a big rig.

80k and some people think they can stop like a Corvette.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:32 PM
shaking things up

ppl are stupid like that no one know how to drive ne more with there cell phones on the side of there head or their heads up their a## alot of these crotch rockets are the worst at the fd we call them organ donors lol i saw one almost get tagged a few days ago on the hwy the rig was doin about 70 and that a hole cut him off and pulled a wheelie infront of him!!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLewis79 View Post
What a bad day. On my way up to Michigan City, I was pulling 1 empty pup and got a red light on the prepass at the 80 scales. Got pulled on to the pad for about 3 minutes. On the way back, I grossed about 79500 and got a green light.

Then I hear one of our guys got tangled up with a four wheeler in MI and blew both converter tires on the driver's side and ended up rolling his tag trailer into the median. Everybody was ok.

Then I had a four wheel cut me off and slam on the brakes to try to make an exit. I saw 2 carseats in the backseat of the car and REALLY tried not to hit them and push them into the yellow water barrels dividing the highway and the exit ramp. Luckily nobody hit anybody or anything, but I was forced off of the highway onto the exit and had to pay another toll to get back on.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Reason # 2,462 that I quit driving a truck.......
Old 07-17-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
I feel for you guys. I have never understood someone's mentality of jacking with a big rig.

80k and some people think they can stop like a Corvette.
Oh but they can

plus a mile
Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

I have plenty of stories myself, but i don't feel like irritating myself thinking back on them tonight. Lots of idiots up here in MN. We had a guy from down south somewhere this week pull in front of a FULL tanker truck carrying diesel and gas. He was in the right lane on I94 and he missed his exit so he thought he would turn around in the median which is only for law enforcement, well he cut right in front of the tanker that was in the hammer lane and the tanker rolled into its roof. Brand new Pete 389, luckly no one died and the tank didn't explode. The 4wheeler driver was 89yrs old and he may face criminal charges i guess. Sorry for the long post.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:05 PM
shaking things up

i was on a fatal like that but unfortunatly didnt turn out so good for the 4 wheelers driver he was bad and his car was onfire when we rolled up. ppl just dont realize how big and powerful these trucks are!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.