Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.4 vs 6.0

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  AMARILLO05 
#1 ·
Just wondering what y'all think about it...
03 6.0 with MTW hybrid stock sticks and soon the looney from Vivian vs a 6.4l with an h&s mini Max who will win??? I have an idea that the 6.4 will walk all over me but had to ask

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#2 ·
6.4 all day every day.

#3 ·
The 6.0 might get him off the line but that 6.4 will come on hard and strong and leave the 6.0 behind all day long. Remember your comparing apples to oranges here. The 6.4 can be a almost 600 RWHP truck with only a DPF delete and a 350 tune from H&S. It will take considerably more money and mods to hit that with a 6.0l.

#4 ·
nothing can beat the straightpiped 6.0 sound though ;) hahahaha

Reactions: john galt
#6 ·
going a little off topic but what would be the closest thing that could run with a 6.4. are any of the tuned duramax trucks even close to a tuned 6.4? i know my old tuned 6.7 cummins doesnt want any part of my truck. my 6.4 is stupid fast with my spartan on 350, to the point that i feel its unsafe to drive around esspecially in the rain. im just wondering in case a new deleted duramax runs up next to me wanting to go if i should take him or not.

#7 ·
EFIlive duramax with a lift pump would be closer but the 6.4 would more than likely still win lol

#8 ·
i assume by "more than likely" that means itll be close. so with me only running a 275 or 300hp spartan tune i would prolly get beat by said duramax?

#11 ·
which duramax are we talking, or does it matter when they have efilive?

#12 ·
A 6.0 built right does pull a hell of a lot of power...

#13 ·
It would take a minimum of 190's, compounds or MTW Stage 3 turbo (both are not cheap), custom fuel system, built transmission, all aluminum CAC, studs, OEM head gaskets, EGR delete and SCT with custom tunes written for this setup to be well over 600 and that setup isn't cheap at all. You can build a 6.0 to be a 500 RWHP truck for relatively cheap but 600+ is a completely different animal.

#15 ·
I have yet to really test mine. I have not done the tranny yet and the guys at River City told me that if I run it on HOT and get into it off the line, the tranny will not last. I have rolled into it at about 40 mph on the hot and holy ****e!!!! It moves out. I did smoke A Dodge in rolling 40 though. He had no chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.