CCSB Hemi Dodge 4x4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bench Racing CAN I BEAT 'EM? Post whats under the hood and discuss it here. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
CCSB Hemi Dodge 4x4

I was DD the other night and I had the opportunity to drive an 06' dodge CCSB 4x4 with a Hemi. It had 65k miles on it. I was DD for a friend who was in the military, and shipping out to the sandbox today. I provided the funding for a good "last" night at home, and offered to drive his truck home( ~6 miles away) to a safe place and watch movies with the boys.

Wow. Needless to say im glad i own and drive a Ford. His Dodge's brake rotors shook the truck so bad my buddy could see it from behind, and it was so gutless, im sure a prius could have passed us without trying. Only 3 speakers worked, and the trans had issues shifting. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seeing only 65xxx miles on the odo, it wasn't going to happen. Did i mention the power steering was non existent at anything below 2k rpms?

Im not sure where to post this but this forum sounded good. I told him if I still have my truck when he gets back, I'll make him a deal. He tried to pay me for being DD for him but that wasnt going to happen. I was just happy he had a safe, good time at the bar. Not to mention he simply ruled in pool. I hope he makes it back, but if not, Him, and I can rest knowing what he stood for.

IDK where this should be posted. Mods, feel free to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
alot of dodges have problems with the Power steering..my dads dakota and 1500 have and had issues, the trans went on his dakota with only 75k on it...to each his own tho when comes to car companies...i always had best of luck with ford
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 AM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a 96 Dodge monster truck (1500 on 1 tons with 44" boggers) and i never had any issues with anything. Edit: Other than the paint. Lol

I knew Dodges were bad, my cousin has an 08 6.7 that has gone through quite a few ball joints, but damn.

This truck was bone stock, and i couldnt help but shake my head. I thought these trucks were supposed to take out 6.0's? it couldnt even get out of its own way.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

My buddy has a 2005 ram ccsb HEMI, he loves that thing, except for teh 10 mpg
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had an 03 hemi 1500. Reg cab short bed. Absolutely loved it. Never had a single issue or complaint. Sold it with about 90k miles. Ive owned over 30 vehicles and all makes models not partial to any manufacturer except for diesel trucks, love love love the 7.3s!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My wife own's an 02 Ram 1500 with the 5.9L 360 (since they didn't offer the Hemi in the 1500 in 02) and she has had power steering issues. It seems every couple of years, the hose goes bad on it and has to be replaced.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah the older HEMI trucks weren't so good. Now they're not bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.