06 D Max vs 08 f250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bench Racing CAN I BEAT 'EM? Post whats under the hood and discuss it here. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 D Max vs 08 f250

okay so my father in law has an 06 d max with an edge tuner air intake and exhaust. he keeps talking crap on my truck and says lets line them up, well part of the problem with that is i dont hook very well so i have blown it off for now. I really want to do a boosted launch in 4x4 but am afraid that the t-case wont be able to hold going 100 mph any one have any thought on this. I know that if i can get my truck to hook i will blow the doors off his truck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrucks85 View Post
okay so my father in law has an 06 d max with an edge tuner air intake and exhaust. he keeps talking crap on my truck and says lets line them up, well part of the problem with that is i dont hook very well so i have blown it off for now. I really want to do a boosted launch in 4x4 but am afraid that the t-case wont be able to hold going 100 mph any one have any thought on this. I know that if i can get my truck to hook i will blow the doors off his truck
1 Boosted 4X4 launch ever now and then won't hurt anything

Once the truck gets over 55mph the t-case doesn't supply any additional power to the front axle anyway, so your good there. Before you race him do a few practice runs to get a feel for it. Its really not that hard, its all about balance and timing. Hold the brakes just enough so the truck doesn't move and boost up to about 15-20psi then smash the pedal to the floor just as you let off the brake and you will be thrown back into your seat like never before

Practice makes perfect!

and make sure you turn that MiniMax all the way up

Good luck
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah i did not know the T-case cut out at 55mph thanks for that. I have dont boosted launches in my old p99 7.3 but always in 2x4, but never had that much horse power to spin the tires that bad plus they were 35s. but will defintly do some practise runs befor i see him next

Thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Alright so i have been practising my launches and getting pretty good, i get about 18psi then feather the brake out and damn that thing launches pretty hard. So i tell my father in law lets line them up and now i get the ol " o my truck is not running to well right now maybe later" BS but o well i will get him some day
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 AM

Thats too funny. I love it when I get that line. I had a guy I go to school with ask me to race his 04 Chevy 5.3 with all this zhit done to it. I said ok lets go after class and he immediately started making excuses. I never did get to race him but I know I would have taken him like nothing.

Thats a win in my book!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:16 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lmao...too funny.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 AM
Don't you worry about it

Why do you say the transfer case cuts out at 55. It wont disengage until you let of the throttle.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:58 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes, what the heck are you talking about? Over 55 mph no addtional power or cut out? You can turn the switch back to two wheel drive and your truck, as already stated, will stay in four wheel drive until you back off on the throttle for a couple seconds. Anykind of forward torque on the hubs will keep them locked up.

Last edited by Term3; 09-16-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 AM

I understand that the hubs will remain locked but after 55mph no additional power will be supplied to the front wheels. From 55+ all your acceleration is solely from the rear wheels. Yes the front wheels remain locked to the hubs but they are doing nothing more than spinning. The t-case simply doesn't have the gearing to help with acceleration beyond 55mph.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I he been told

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 09-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Once locked the only way for them to "spin" is if the front drive shaft is rotating slower then the front axle. I know it can be confusing. It's kind of like a ratchet. The transfer case gearing doesn't enter into it unless your trying to do this in four low . Four high is one to one output and after the initial launch when it's needed for traction it's just a parasitic power loss because of the resistance of extra parts being rotated.

Last edited by Term3; 09-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.