6.0 SRL+ vs SRT-10 Quad Cab - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Bench Racing CAN I BEAT 'EM? Post whats under the hood and discuss it here. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Cool 6.0 SRL+ vs SRT-10 Quad Cab

Alright guys/gals - I need some help

I've already talked to my GPDA members about this, so I'll share with everyone else. A little backstory first though (ya know... to set the mood)

This race is between me and a co-worker of mine. There's a lot of emotion/drama riding on this race. Long story short, my job series is more of a female dominant series - while his is more of a male dominant series. I'm always taking little jabs at work such as "how do I like my female taskings" and such. Kinda pisses me off, but it's all in your attitude. I imagine it being similar to football players taunting guys that are on the cheerleading squad, or something to that effect. I want to destroy this guy in a race.

The guy who's been talking some smack (all in good fun) about my truck, says stuff to the affect of "if I want to drive a real truck - I should go for a ride in his Dodge SRT-10." Pretty sure it's a 2006. Pretty sure it's all stock. It's a quad cab. But most importantly.... it's a Dodge. So, I need to win this race - for the blue oval team.

Quick google searches show that his truck should be putting out 510hp and 525lbs/tq (at the crank), however his quad cab only weighs in at 5600lbs and should run a 13.8 sec quarter mile (according to the net). Coworkers that work with this guy, all claim that it's "INCREDIBLY" fast. However, I'm not entirely sure if they're just trying to add to the hype or not.

My truck has intake, exhaust, FICM tune, and Matt's SRL+ tune. I mean, I've got other stuff done too (such as head studs, EGR delete, etc) but they don't add HP. My dyno numbers are in my sig. What are my chances of winning this thing?

We're going to set something up, and it will be video taped - in HD I might add. There are a lot of people buzzing about our race in the office. He keeps chickening out whenever we get ready to "set a date", which gives me the impression that he isn't as confident as he appears to be - however when I read his truck's specs online... I don't know... it's gonna be close. I'm thinking that I run a 14 flat TOPS in the quarter.

A boosted launch is a given. What else should I look at? (tips for doing an awesome boosted launch are appreciated)

FUTURE MODS: The longer this guy waits, the worse it's gonna be for him, cause I ain't slowin down. Future mods that I plan to get are a Water/Meth kit and a "special" turbo. Turbo should be here soon, and I'll post new dyno numbers once I get them (dyno day on 21 April) - still keeping stock sticks for now.

Last edited by Super Diesel; 04-13-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Retired Soldier!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boosted launch in 4wd, and lower the pressure in your tires to lessen your tire slippage. You should pull him out of the hole like this.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

And when you win out of the hole...it's gonna be hard for him to catch up

I raced a Mustang GT500 from 0-95 and he was right at my back bumper the whole time...I think I boosted it up to like 20-25psi though (couldn't afford loosing

BUT he never was able to catch up

I think the best part was the whole time he was at my "back bumper" he was eating my smoke

Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 AM

Its going to be a good race but you should still have him. Just like they say launch in 4 wheel and lower the pressure in the rear boost up and let her eat!!! And wave while he can't catch you cuz the str10 can't launch very good unless he puts some drag radials on or something like it. Good luck keep us posted.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Real Men of Genius

Tires, dang that's right. Forgot to mention that - I've got a 6" lift with 35" tires. He's stock (looks stock) with some nice soft rubber Pirellis.

What PSI should I set them to? I normally run around 45psi. Thanks for the advice guys, I forgot about letting some PSI out.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How big are your tires? 37s? That isn't going to help you at all.You're gonna need a good launch to take him. Be careful with taking the air out too. If you go too low, you will have too much rolling resistance at higher speeds, which is where our truck suffer, and he could catch up to you.

Maybe take it too the track first, and test a few different setups and boost levels before launch. If you get it dialed in and have a good launch, I don't see why you won't win.

Edit: good 35s are a lot better

Last edited by TooMuch03; 04-10-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: I type slow :doh:
Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
"if I want to drive a real truck - I should go for a ride in his Dodge SRT-10."
A real truck, sounds like my friend that has a dodge. SRT10s are fast though. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
How big are your tires? 37s? That isn't going to help you at all.You're gonna need a good launch to take him. Be careful with taking the air out too. If you go too low, you will have too much rolling resistance at higher speeds, which is where our truck suffer, and he could catch up to you.

Maybe take it too the track first, and test a few different setups and boost levels before launch. If you get it dialed in and have a good launch, I don't see why you won't win.

Edit: good 35s are a lot better
Good points. I might have to go to the track to see how well I run. I mean... hell.... if I'm nowhere close to 14, I might have to call this off. Which would make my situation look even worse.

Any suggestions on PSI? What PSI do you think would be a "healthy" number? (PSI as in tire PSI and boost for the launch)
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd guess and say to try around 30-35 psi in tires and about 15 psi boost, and adjust each up or down from there. Basically you're wanting as much boost as your brakes can hold without and wheel spin or tire hop when you launch. The numbers will be different for every truck I think. That's what I would do
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Real Men of Genius

Thanks Adam, sounds like I've got some homework to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.