2" lift kit problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Australia G'day mates!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry 2" lift kit problem

I have been using this website to solve all my problems for a couple of years now. No complaints, just good answers
03 F250 Dual Cab
7.3l 4x4
ARB bullbar
4" from the Turbo exhaust
Low stall TC, shift kit and a few other goodies
315/75/16 BFG all terrain
Carry boy Canopy
Diablo Predator
I recently installed a 2" lift from and Australian manufacturer for the second time. First time the distributor told me I did not need adjustable track bar. Got it put back together and it was all jammed up tight and ended up bending front spring main leaf. They sent me a new set, (conventional leaf 6 pack), and a adjustable track bar which seemed to sort it out, for the first 1500km. Then the shckles started banging against the chassis. I cannot eeven fit my finger between the shackle and the frame!
Now after much discussion over the phone and photos emailed back and forth with the manufacturer today he tells me they have sold nearly forty sets and they were all like this but no one has complained. So he calls me back this afternoon and says they are going to make me a new main leaf 15mm shorter and I will refit the spring pack. I understand with the parabolics the shackle would have travelled forward and now with conventional leaf it moves backward but WTF?? Can anyone tell me how long the main leaf on their 6 leaf 2" lift kit is in the front spring and maybe a hub to fender measurement. This has been a six month ordeal between the distributor and myself and now the manufacturer is very willing to help but I am unsure of their experience with making these springs. I wanted to stay Australian for warranties etc but this will be the third time I have had the front end out and I want to get it right Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Long story short, hoping someone can tell me how long the main leaf is on a 6 leaf 2" lift. I just want to make sure this is the last time I have to do this, Thanks Tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.