Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Toyota Diesel.

7K views 60 replies 30 participants last post by  6point0damn2004 
#1 ·
#38 ·
This is the only Toyota Diesel that was ever worth owning. The mid '80's had an inline 4 turbo diesel mill that is now very rare. I had one but not knowing how hard they were to find and how much they were worth I sold it because I was to lazy to replace the clutch.

By the way this is just a pic I found online it is not mine although mine looked much like this only it was red and had 33's!

#47 ·
That truck probably had a 2L (naturally aspirated) or 2L-T (with turbo), they have an issue with cracking the heads on them :dunno:

I'm hoping to get a 1KZ-TE for my 87 runner. It's a powerhouse of a 4 cylinder :thumb:

#53 ·
Not possible. They never made it past the car show:thumb:

#57 ·
well all engines have potential it just depends on how much time effort and money you want to put into them some will take more than others. not tryin to argue just my opinion

#58 ·
common rail injection, VGT, and 8.0L of displacement

I'm guessin' it would be easy, just my opinion :thumb:

#59 ·
yes but how well put together is it? is it gonna be like the early 6.0s and blow turbos, and head gaskets and injectors, or will it be as solid as say a 5.9 cummins? Personally i would rather have a ball bearing turbo opposed to a vgt but i do love the common rail injection versus HEUI.

#61 ·
one can only guess but i'd guess it'd be relatively stout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.