Has Anyone else read this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Articles A place for interesting and helpful articles.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has Anyone else read this?

From the Desk of Gale Banks to Arnold Schwarzenegger | Diesel News Blog & Discussion at Diesel Power Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 10:37 PM

only in CA.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Retired Army

yea I read it
Old 04-06-2010, 04:21 PM

too bad it means s***.
The whole CA economy is so f'ed up right now, it's unbelieveable....
Old 04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Nuckin' Futz

well what little bit of respect i had for the guy is gone now. I don't understand why he has to black ball every single other performance parts manufacturers just so that he can get ahead. He can't accept that his products aren't really respected by those who really know, the true "gearheads". Everyone on this site would agree that banks products are simply "off the shelf". At least the "other guys" will custom tune a chip for you. How many people have ever said yeah i got live tuned by gale banks. hes just another big business tycoon that with the other tycoons are the reasons america's unemployment rates are so high. Yeah he employs 145 people but what about every single other performance manufacturer/shop. Oh and what would stop someone from returning the vehicle to stock before taking the tests...oh and I have all kinds of performance parts on my truck and i can pass an OBD 2 test so what relevance does that have. Also why does california get to decide whats right for every other state. Go tell a montana farmer he has to smog test his tractors. Tell Joe trucker that he has to smog test his Tractor. Tell BNSF that they have to smog test all their all of their locomotives. You know what if you want to make it hell for someone to live in your state thats fine but do not mess with other states. Just because you chose to settle in a valley that traps every ounce of emissions it doesn't mean that you have to make everyone else suffer when the problem isn't everyone elses...what, does emissions in Virginia blow across the country and settle in california...i don't think so.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodude View Post
well what little bit of respect i had for the guy is gone now. I don't understand why he has to black ball every single other performance parts manufacturers just so that he can get ahead. .
Did you not see this part: "Now, CARB (California Air Resources Board), thru BAR (the Bureau of Automotive Repair) 'Diesel Smog Check Program' seeks to punish our customers, and the customers of other businesses like us, for buying our products."
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarker@bankspower View Post
Did you not see this part: "Now, CARB (California Air Resources Board), thru BAR (the Bureau of Automotive Repair) 'Diesel Smog Check Program' seeks to punish our customers, and the customers of other businesses like us, for buying our products."

And if you thing living in Montana means the smog regs will never happen to you:

Montana Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) - Clean Air Zone

What is Clean Air Zone Montana?
Clean Air Zone Montana is a statewide program aimed at reducing children’s exposure to school bus diesel exhaust by discouraging idling of buses and other vehicles and encouraging use of alternative fuels in school buses. The Montana Department of Environmental Quality has initiated Clean Air Zone Montana to provide Montana Schools with a comprehensive toolkit to reduce the impacts of vehicle emissions outside their schools.

The goals of Clean Air Zone Montana are to:
Provide a healthier environment for Montana’s school children by reducing emissions from diesel-powered school buses.
Improve air quality in and around school buildings and throughout local communities.
What are the health impacts of diesel exhaust?
Diesel exhaust aggravates asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis, according to the U.S. EPA, and exacerbates allergies. Based on human exposure studies, as well as lab data, EPA has concluded that diesel is a probable carcinogen. While dropping off or picking students up from school and waiting, idling buses and vehicles emit fine particulate matter and other air pollutants, which can impact air quality and public health. Bus idling and bus queuing can further increase the concentration of particulates both inside school buses and inside nearby buildings. Although breathing diesel exhaust may not measurably impair lung function in adults, recent studies demonstrate that particulate pollution can impair the development of lungs in children. Fortunately, schools can take several steps to reduce diesel exhaust from school uses.

It started this same way here in CA.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 AM

I'm going to have to agree with jbarker on this one. Gale is trying to get them to design the tests so that ALL manufacturers can make "legal" aftermarket parts.

With that being said CA is the biggest cluster F*** of a state I have ever seen. I don't understand why they keep letting liberals run it into the ground
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbols View Post
I'm going to have to agree with jbarker on this one. Gale is trying to get them to design the tests so that ALL manufacturers can make "legal" aftermarket parts.

With that being said CA is the biggest cluster F*** of a state I have ever seen. I don't understand why they keep letting liberals run it into the ground

Keep in mind to that CA is just the latest state to implement these rules. Around 20 other states had rules in place years before we did. For those that don't they're coming. For example in Texas:

Texas Low Emission Diesel (TxLED) Program - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.state.tx.us

Background
Area(s) affected: HGB, BPA, DFW, Anderson, Angelina, Aransas, Atascosa, Austin, Bastrop, Bee, Bell, Bexar, Bosque, Bowie, Brazos, Burleson, Caldwell, Calhoun, Camp, Cass, Cherokee, Colorado, Comal, Cooke, Coryell, De Witt, Delta, Falls, Fannin, Fayette, Franklin, Freestone, Goliad, Gonzales, Grayson, Gregg, Grimes, Guadalupe, Harrison, Hays, Henderson, Hill, Hood, Hopkins, Houston, Hunt, Jackson, Jasper, Karnes, Lamar, Lavaca, Lee, Leon, Limestone, Live Oak, Madison, Marion, Matagorda, McLennan, Milam, Morris, Nacogdoches, Navarro, Newton, Nueces, Panola, Polk, Rains, Red River, Refugio, Robertson, Rusk, Sabine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, San Augustine, Shelby, Smith, Somervell, Titus, Travis, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Van Zandt, Victoria, Walker, Washington, Wharton, Williamson, Wilson, Wise, and Wood counties.
Start date: October 1, 2005
Expiration/End date: None
Applicability Period: All Year
Source type: Mobile Source
Emission(s) targeted: Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)
Rule/Citations: 30 TAC 114, Subchapter A, §114.6 ( PDF)( HTML ) and Subchapter H, Division 2, §§114.312-114.319 ( PDF)( HTML )
Description: The goal is to lower emissions of NOx and other pollutants from diesel-powered motor vehicles and nonroad equipment. It applies to diesel fuel producers, importers, common carriers, distributors, transporters, bulk terminal operators, and retailers. The rule covers 110 counties in the eastern half of Texas, including the ozone nonattainment areas of Beaumont-Port Arthur, Dallas-Fort Worth, and Houston-Galveston-Brazoria. The rule requires that diesel fuel as defined under 30 TAC §114.6 produced for delivery and ultimate sale to the consumer –for both on and nonroad use – must contain less than 10 percent by volume of aromatic hydrocarbons and must have a cetane number of 48 or greater. Some compliance options are allowed.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:20 AM

Yes I know liberals are taking over. It's all because of these "feel good" policies and crooked politicians that make uninformed sheeple feel good about themselves that have gotten us into this mess in the first place. All of the lies will eventually come to a head but I'm afraid the damage will be irreversible (without huge consequences) by the time it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.