NAU - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NAU

hey all,
i have been looking at nau and to me it looks like a pretty good school, can anyone give me some info on it, maybe someone who is going there or has gone there. im looking into civil engineering. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 PM

bumppppp anybody?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

NAU ???

What info exactly are you looking for? "Maybe" I can help. I can say this: I have a daughter attending ASU in her 1st year. I attended ALL the M & G's w/ her in the beginning. I was VERY impressed w/ ASU's academic aggressive attitude. I can also say that in my line of work, I am around and dealing directly w/ the engineers of the job/ mine site. ASU comes HIGHLY recomended. Haven't heard/ any neg's in re to NAU, just a smaller college. Another to consider is Oregon State. One of the best engineering schools in the country. Most of graduating class have jobs w/ Kiewit before actually getting out.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykaos View Post
What info exactly are you looking for? "Maybe" I can help. I can say this: I have a daughter attending ASU in her 1st year. I attended ALL the M & G's w/ her in the beginning. I was VERY impressed w/ ASU's academic aggressive attitude.
-alright well, i was looking for information on the school such as people that are attending them. ya i have looked at asu because i was thinking about there too, i am looking for a school that will get me out in 4 years and help me get a job right out of college if possible. How is the surrounding area of asu? is it desert or what?
I can also say that in my line of work, I am around and dealing directly w/ the engineers of the job/ mine site. ASU comes HIGHLY recomended.
-What line of work are you in, if you dont mind me asking, and is it in arizona that you know that asu comes recommended?
Haven't heard/ any neg's in re to NAU, just a smaller college.
-yes i was looking at nau because of it's smaller size and that they said they would make sure that i was out in four years and that they had a 100 percent job rating right out of college.
Another to consider is Oregon State. One of the best engineering schools in the country. Most of graduating class have jobs w/ Kiewit before actually getting out.
I did look at oregon and i was impressed at their school, i am mainly looking at different schools so that i can decide where to go based on what i find to be a great match for me. thanks for all the help and information
Old 04-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Schools

ASU is located in Tempe AZ which is directly to the east of Phoenix AZ. It is desert. Hot, dry, o & hot . Summer temps are constant 115' +. Winter around 70'-80' . Surrounding activities: pick your poison .
I'm in heavy haul @ the local CAT dealer. Our clients range from small mom/pop to International company's. Yes, ASU's reputation has come to me mainly from southwestern US operations but I do hear it on occasion from much larger clients. You may like NAU's climate better. 6-7,000', green, snow in winter, trees.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:53 PM

ohhhhhhhh yaaaaa i am definitely going to stay looking at nau lol, its not anything with asu, it is alll about the weather and location. i love the cold weather and the green enviroment. thanks for the help
Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My daughter attended NAU for a bit. Her mother and I visited the campus and fell in love with it. I would highly recommend it for the weather and climate, although it wouldn't be my first choice for an engineering degree. Even still a GREAT school in a GREAT location.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:14 AM

Great thanks, may I ask why you daughter left? Or by a bit do you mean she was there and completed her studies? Why would you not recommend it for engineering, I know that for civil they are accredited by abet which from what I understand means that its program is good...I could be wrong tho haha
Old 04-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED BUBBA View Post
Great thanks, may I ask why you daughter left? Or by a bit do you mean she was there and completed her studies? Why would you not recommend it for engineering, I know that for civil they are accredited by abet which from what I understand means that its program is good...I could be wrong tho haha
She dropped out since she wanted to spend more time with her boyfriend than studying and attending school.

I didn't say I wouldn't recommend it, I just said it wouldn't be my first choice for an engineering school in Arizona (that would be ASU). I haven't heard any negatives about their Civil Engineering program, since my daughter was involved in their nursing program.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:59 PM

oh ok, i thought she just didnt like it or something...alright, i think that will be my choice, any school is good it all just depends on how hard you work at learning the information, thanks for all of the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.