Vibration Problems around 55-65mph - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vibration Problems around 55-65mph

I have been getting a vibration right between 55-65mph. It stops when I accelerate, it weakens when I let off the gas and I don't press the brake, and is worse when I maintain 60mph. It feels like I am driving on a rumble strip on the side of the freeway.

Any ideas of what it may be is greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Speed specific is usually a balance problem in my experience. Check tires first , then start looking at alignment , ball joints , tie rods , wheel bearings , pitman or idler arm. Check u joints. If tires are newish it could be a tire , just fought a vibration on my wife's tahoe for months , had several shops look at it , diagnose it , then I'd bring it home and replace parts as it was beyond anything I was finding. A road force balance finally revealed a tire that a regular balance never picked up and cured the problem.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 AM
Premium Member

start with u joints in the drive shaft and have a shop check the balance. i lost the weight on my rear drive shaft and it caused a vibration at 70. the other thing was the u joints on the front axle. replaced both front wheel bearings and still had the same noise at 70 that sounded like a bad grumbling wheel bearing. ended up being a drivers side u joint was bad.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

either tires or driveshaft, my brothers was a shake at the same speed when the drive shaft went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.