New member with big plans ;) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 09:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation New member with big plans ;)

Hey guys whats up my name is israel and im the proud owner of a 02 excursion limited with a 7.3 of course. im looking foward to everyones advise, that being said im a huge drag racing fan and am looking foward to build up some real boost and make some fast cars look twice when im passing them at the track. ive got big plans for my truck but with all things youve got to start slow.

heres my plans for it and im looking for your advise, opinions and expertise on the modifications im looking to do.

the simple stuff: im looking to do an exhaust system more the likely a custom one (depending on famerboys pricing) since that'll be the most cost effective thing(my brother works at a muffler shop.but im planning on a 4inch downpipe from mbrp cheapest ive found it for was 102 shipped and the rest custom.

next thing would be an intake im looking for an afe stg 2 with pg7 fltr best ive found was 357 shipped.
Ive got a xcal3 so thats covered.

Turbo and parts:
From there is where my questions start. Whats is the best compressor housing? and since im all about the best pricing where can i find it cheapest? i really like the ats piece withe the 4in hose.
Now what about a turbine housing?worth my money? price? best one? havent really looked into them to be honest.
Next would be a compressor wheel, again best one sound also considered lol? price?
Ok so what are your opinions on this but what im thinking is that its cheaper to buy all of this than buying a new turbo is it? is it better? will i get the same results?
Wastegates which ones are best ? adjustable? pricing?

Intercoolers:
i really love spearco products and it looks like thats what im leaning towards any other sugestions? best prices?
Electric Fans vs. flex lite alum. fans:
i know the price is a huge diff but what about hp #'s? Is it really worth my money and time?
Fluid damper:
Again havnt really looked into them but seem to be pretty popular? is it worth my money?
Exhust manifolds:
are there any better flowing ones out there? worth it?

Water meth injection:
is it worth it? best priced kits?

Now know ill need to at some tap into the fuel system(injectors, pumps and cleaning sytems) but at what point?what should i go with?Pricing?(i think im a bit aways with these mods but could be wrong lol)
I also know the trans will need to get upgraded but i think itll hold up itll have until it blows up lol. but what do u guys recommend and pricing for said parts.
also going this fast needs to stop as good what rotors and pads should i go with i know cyro'd but what brand? slotted?drilled?pricing? or will this be enough?
oh yeah and i know head studs and goskets are a must let me know some pricing and opinions on what to go with.

Sorry for the huge post but i hope it'll be a good read for people with similar questions, and make for a great discussion with all of the 7.3 guru's and racing enthusiast and mechanics looking foward to all of your responses.
one last thing... Im from texas cant you tell Lol we do it big or go home!

Last edited by dangerous_sep; 07-13-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: forgot studs n gaskets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
back to business

If you build it right, there'll be no passing at the track. That EX should be out front the WHOLE way, good luck!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post

If you build it right, there'll be no passing at the track. That EX should be out front the WHOLE way, good luck!!!
True that lol
Old 07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Serving Our Country!

Location: Little Rock Air Force Base,Arkansas and North Augusta,South Carolina
i would def. go with a tony wildman chip instead of the xcal3....he will reburn for free as you put more mods on, and hes a helpful guy. just my
welcome to the .org.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:49 PM

thankz ill def look into that
Old 07-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

Location: Little Rock Air Force Base,Arkansas and North Augusta,South Carolina

Last edited by ABOBB; 07-14-2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 AM

i guess im in the wrong forum not too many performance guru's run through this one.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You have PMR's in your engine so your limited in HP upgrades. Unless you have $$ and will upgrade your rods here is what I would do for the best bang for the $$

Chip..Tony Wildman
Get a boost fooler
Get a WW will solve 90% of your surge if its a problem
Intake..Tymar nothing flows or cleans better
Powerslots and Hawks..never drilled rotors on a truck
Your IC is fine but if improvement is wanted..EGTs to high get a 6.0 cooler.
Leave your rad fan alone
BTS or John Wood VB or when you need a trans get one of theirs
Fluid damper and studs..don't need them unless you make big HP

But before you mod for power you need to fix the Ex's suspension as stock it sucks!

Do: modded SD B codes rear springs and front V springs with Bilstein properly valved shocks. Add a 30mm SD rear sway bar.
Get wider rims..9-10" and 12.5" wide tires.

Cary
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
You have PMR's in your engine so your limited in HP upgrades. Unless you have $$ and will upgrade your rods here is what I would do for the best bang for the $$

Chip..Tony Wildman
Get a boost fooler
Get a WW will solve 90% of your surge if its a problem
Intake..Tymar nothing flows or cleans better
Powerslots and Hawks..never drilled rotors on a truck
Your IC is fine but if improvement is wanted..EGTs to high get a 6.0 cooler.
Leave your rad fan alone
BTS or John Wood VB or when you need a trans get one of theirs
Fluid damper and studs..don't need them unless you make big HP

But before you mod for power you need to fix the Ex's suspension as stock it sucks!

Do: modded SD B codes rear springs and front V springs with Bilstein properly valved shocks. Add a 30mm SD rear sway bar.
Get wider rims..9-10" and 12.5" wide tires.

Cary
thanks for the advice any links to this tymar intake?
and your right my trucks ride sucks ive got to change the springs out(where can i find any v spring for the for the front it needs them bad the rear is ok) and get a a swaybar. ive already got the adjustable rancho rx9000 shocks and for wheel ive got a set of 08 18in wheels with the continentals.
another thing i deff need to to before anything else is get the bellowed up pipes ive got a really really bad leak sounds nasty. any links to someone that might have them in stock? best price?

Last edited by dangerous_sep; 07-14-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Whats your HP goal? Thats your first step...

We can recomend anything but without knowing that its all for nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.