Bedliner on rockers? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bedliner on rockers?

I know this has been talked about before, but when you put bedliner on the side of your truck has anybody had probs w/fading or peeling? I had a treelimb fall on my ex. and was going to re-paint the whole truck, and put spray-on bedliner on the lower third of the sides and on the fender flares. But i don't want to do it if it is going to fade or peel. So....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 03:19 PM

I did it and it is awesome. Doesnt fade and resists chips very well

P.S.
Make sure you treat it like you are spraying new paint. meaning the prep should be excellent, clean, sand, and clean again before you think about putting the liner on
Old 06-20-2008, 05:42 PM

If you did it yourself what brand did you use? I figured i would paint the whole truck and then do the liner spray. Was thinking about doin my bumpers and step bars to, what do ya think?
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

check out durabak. Its like a herculiner do-it yourself kit. You can order it in any color and in UV resistant.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM

I've heard the black herculiner does fade in the sun. You didn't mention brand or color though so not sure what you were thinking of using.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 PM

I was goin to use black, not sure of the brand. I know it is a sprayable 2 part bed liner that my local paint store sells. Just wondered what kind of luck anyone else has had.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdun View Post
I was goin to use black, not sure of the brand. I know it is a sprayable 2 part bed liner that my local paint store sells. Just wondered what kind of luck anyone else has had.
I did it to the rockers on my ranger,

it was pimp, i used box liner, like the guy said earlier the prep is key, rough the area up nice so it's got bite, i put tons of highway KM's on that truck and those 33's stuck out quit a bit so lots of spray up. The liner was overly resistant, i had it on there for 2 years before touch ups would have been necessary. I did a spray on application with the gun that comes with the kit (it's got big tip so the textured material gets through), and i used to use Meguiars Shine + Luster on top of the liner as it started to chalk out a bit at the 1.5 year mark, but that made it look nice & shiny black... easy enough to remask and reapply, even if you do it every couple years you can get the stuff for like 30 bucks, over two years thats a good investment.

(That picture was taken on one of many roadtrips for work up north. Sparwood one of the tiny gatherings of people they call a town along the way from Vancouver to Ft. Mcmurray, oil town Canada)

Last edited by Trevor85; 06-20-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned

I did mine with Herculiner....

click link for my gallery.

charline22153/TRUCK/Custom Herculiner project - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Old 06-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A Buddy of mine had Rino do his whole hunten jeep inside and out about 10 yrs ago. It still looks great but he keeps in parked inside his shop so I dont know how it would look if it got sun every day. The back of my truck is done in Linex and it still looks good but has faded a little. The rocker panels would not get full sun.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned

It does fade...but I spray tire shine on it once a month....and it brings it back to brand new....

I've had it on for over 2 years now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.