Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Value going down...Fast

4K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  justinbaldwin69 
#1 ·
I bought my Ex 10 months ago. Felt I did good getting it for $20,000. this morning been surfing E-bay, and it kinda looks like i could buy a sistership for about $15,000 now.:doh:
Plan on keeping mine for many years, so It doesn't bother me personaly

#5 ·
I want an Ex really bad...
ill sell ya mine, hell ill pay YOU to take her...shes lives in kentucky, in her mid 30's but she smokes a pack a day and cusses like a sailor :hehe:

#7 ·
yea, got my truck for about 24k last september......coulda gotten her for, maybe like 15 now....its sad. Hopefully they jump up again.

#8 ·
buddy of mine just bought an '04 XLT crew cab short box 4x4, basically just like my truck for $17,500 with 105k on the odometer. I paid almost $40k for mine less than 2 years ago...:doh:

#10 ·
DAMN! shoulda waited to by till like, basicly now.....I woulda had more dinero to trick her out!

#11 ·
Yah, but, who could of seen the price of crude more than double in less than a year? If i did i would of mortgaged the house to buy oil futures!

#13 ·
Just like stocks, It's not how you sell it, It's how you buy it.

I had one of my rep's come in the other day, He has a 6.0L EX, He was telling me he and a buddy were at auction awhile back, And was informed the dealers are passing on the EX's and particularly the 6.0 Ex's.
Frankly, It went in one ear and out the other.:icon_ford:

#14 ·
Just remember, they don't make a diesel truck anymore in this configuration nor are they ever going to in the future. Kinda makes them rare eh? I'm going to park mine and buy something cheaper for the short haul. Nothing else pulls my RV or 27' boat in such comfort.

#16 ·
I picked mine up two weeks ago for $14,000. I was pretty pleased that I got a 7.3, 4x4, & less than 90K for that price. Since I have a company car I only drive it on the weekend. The price of diesel doesn't bother me as bad as some, I just hope it goes down in the future. :tard:

#17 ·
I got my early 99 supercab/sb 4x4 auto 7.3l 190k, out the door all TTL delivered from MD to my NC doorstep for $7500. I'm happy its about a 1-2k cheaper than local. :woot:

#18 ·
It's a buyers market, you can get a great deal on one, but you're screwed if you want to trade one in.

#20 ·
I WANT AN EX FOR 10 GRAND OR LESS!!! Preferably a 7.3!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.