EBC vs Hawk - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EBC vs Hawk

I need new pads something fierce and I wanted to get some thoughts on the EBC green and yellow stuff pads vs the Hawk Super duties.. I tow trailers pretty often, horses, cargo, cars I would say at least 10 times a month. Though brake dust is annoying I can cope with it if it I am getting better stopping power. Anyone have anything they can share on either brand? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I've had the green stuff in the past and they seem to hold up pretty well, they smell horrible when they get heated up, but other than that, no real complaints. Hawks I know are decent as well, but they do produce the most brake dust.

I recently had my pads, rotors and calipers replaced, my mechanic got all the parts from napa, not exactly sure what he got, but he said its the same stuff that the Ambulances use. And I will say I've had about 1/2 a dozen panic stops since and the truck does stop quicker than in the past.

Hope this helps some.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It does, thanks. Anyone else?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I'll give you some feed back in about a week, got some HAWK LTS pads for my truck just haven't installed them yet.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FWIW
I have no experience with a truck but I had an 02 Maxima 6 spd before and I went from factory when I first got it to ebc greens to yellows then back to factory to sell in the time I owned it.

The difference between ebc yellow and stock (I put o'riellys ceramic pads back on it) is night and day. After the switch back the first couple times I drove it I actually had some panic moments where I thought the brakes weren't working. The ebc yellows stopping power is awesome, so much more aggressive and responsive.

The only downside I found was that they heat the rotors up a lot more, I had ebc slotted rotors on it and it warped the heck out of them; but I did quick 80 to 0 stops daily. You just get used to the insane braking, there were several times I had to panic stop with them and I am 100% positive that if not for the better pads I would've been in several accidents. They are pricey though worth it IMO.

I haven't had to change the brakes on my truck yet but when I do it will likely be the ebc yellows. I like knowing that when I hit the brakes the truck is going to stop with a quickness.

Last edited by Shadowfax; 06-25-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
I'll give you some feed back in about a week, got some HAWK LTS pads for my truck just haven't installed them yet.
any update on your brake job?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I replaced my OEM pads with Hawk's, then when they wore out installed EBC Greenstuff's. I considered the Yellowstuff's, but they're supposed to have more dust if I remember correctly.

Both were an improvement over OEM, but the Greenstuff's have less dust, stop the truck better, and have a better overall feel. Just my experience.....

Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenfla View Post
any update on your brake job?
Sorry, should be doing it this weekend, customers trucks took priority.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Premium Starfish Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Any updates? I'm going to be doing my brakes pretty soon - so this thread is of relevant interests to me now
Old 08-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I may just get these... from Rockauto

Rotor & Brake Pad Kit
POWER STOP Part # K190636 Heavy Duty Truck And Tow Kit; Incl. Silver Zinc Plated Cross-Drilled And Slotted Rotors w/Z36 Truck And Tow Brake Pads
Front and Rear; 4WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.