Need some ideas to fix my paint - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some ideas to fix my paint

So I took the family up to the hills today, and ran out of trail. Being me I keep going thinking I could get back to the old trail. Which started out okay until the sage brush was taller than the the hood of my ex. (mind you that I have a 4 inch lift and 35's) it was bad but keep going now my ex. has some pretty good battle scars down both sides of it. Was looking to get some ideas on what I can use to possibly cover these up without needed a hole new paint job. The scratches didn't get the the metal and most of them are thin. Any ideas would help.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I use Adams polish I use it on my Corvette look great so I just carried on from there I did the same thing is that all kinds of revitalizing swirl remover he's removing polishes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If they are light a good wax might remove them. If you use a polish follow it up with wax to protect the paint.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You might have to wet sand and buff it out. Wax would only cover it up for a few washes. If you have not done it before, you should have a someone do it who has. You can seriously screw up a paint job if you don't know what you are doing.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm telling you Adams polishes look it up online they have a scratch remover swirling haze remover the stuff is the bomb man works very very well they even have a video on how to do it down to the proper way of washing your vehicle rocks man about this black Corvette los rest up on the hood mmm god knows what minor scratches I use the scratch remover in this world on these remover then I miss you always did I use the butter wax so the Corvette for double what I bought it for that is literally all I did to the car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you all for the help, I will try the adams product to see if it will help if not then I will take it to a shop to see what they can do with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.