Remote start fault... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Remote start fault...

Hello all… so I did some looking around on the site here and I could not find a thread that answered my question… My 2000 Excursion came with a remote start system when I purchased it. Biggest problem is I have no idea who made it. I know it is not factory, this is an aftermarket alarm because it sounds like all the other aftermarket alarm systems. My problem is it has stopped starting the truck, and I’m not sure that it is even arming the alarm system. The indicator light the was installed below the light switch blinks two fast blinks. When the system is working like it should, it should blink once every 5 seconds or something like that and when the alarm is tripped it just blinks fast. When the system was working and I locked the doors, the alarm would “chirp” twice. Now it only “chirps” once. When I hit the key to start it chirps telling me it go the signal then chirps again canceling the start. I’m at a loss… the door ajar light is not on unless one of the doors is open, so all of the door sensors are working. I know that code has to mean something… to fast blinks about 5 seconds apart. Doesn’t matter if the truck is sitting with the doors locked or I’m driving it… same two blinks ~5 seconds apart. Again I have no idea what kind of alarm is on my excursion. Only think I do know is that my remote has the FCC ID: GOH-FOUR. Any ideas out may have or things I could check would be welcome. Thanks in advance…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Post a picture of the remote... Maybe someone can recognize it and what system it may goto...
Old 03-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Here is a pic of the remote...
Old 03-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Serving Our Country!

take it to a electronics store they maybe able to tell you. there are a ton of makes and models that look like that.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK so i finally took the time to rip the dash apart looking for the brains of this operation. My great search reviled that the controller of my excursion's remote starter is made by ford. fist instinct... call the ford dealer and ask for help. They would help me with my problem for $102/hour. so back to the online help. I have fond the part number of what i believe is the unit i have 7L3Z19G364AA. i'm hoping that someone on here might have installed this unit on their truck and still have the owners manual or something. I know it's a Ford after market remote starter so all i need now is the troubleshooting section, or a link to an owners guide on-line.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well have you checked any of their wiring? I have a buddy with a factory installed alarm and I saw the worst wiring job I have ever seen by far. I'm surprised something didn't short out and toast the truck.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah did rummage through the wiring and the fuses. All of the fuses are fine, there are a few wires that are not attached to anything but I can’t see where they were broke as none of them seem to mach up, but without a wiring guide I’m just shooting in the dark. This job is also one of the worst wiring jobs I have seen as well… most of it held together by 18 rolls of electrical tape and 500 zip-ties. I’m hoping that someone can tell what the flashing LED means and I can start searching for the problem from there. With winter coming up faster than I would like I want to get this fixed. Because the security system will not arm, the remote start will not even attempt to start the engine.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

search google, using your part #
Old 08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

I installed a Ford factory keyless entry, and thats how I found the harness instructions.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I also tried that and all I was able to find was the product but no manual… I have a call into a reseller who I’m hoping will be able to get me a PDF of the manual, but I have to wait till Monday for that….
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.