Ok, I've finally decided I am going to get a Tony Wildman Flip chip, but before doing so, I'm hoping the following questions can be answered -- I hate getting something that is different than I expect:
Also, I already have gages, 4" exhaust (though, I'm not sure yet where it begins), upgraded turbo, upgraded trans (though, I'm not sure what was done to make it upgraded), and a K&N filter (though this will soon be DIY once it's warm enough to get my scared of the cold butt outside
- What does the "flip" part of the chip combo look like? I've seen the DP F5, but wonder what the TW version looks like. Anyone have a picture?
- How or where do you mount the "flip" part of the chip? Are there different options?
- Can Tony adjust the speedo for tire size if he knows what size I'm running when he programs the chip?
- Any issues with the Excursion anti-theft system?
- Any issues with the chip causing issues with the SES (Service Engine Soon) light?
- Can he tune to match my GTP38R Garrett turbo?
- Are there any reason's I couldn't still use my Superchip tuner to read codes while the TS/Wildman chip is still hooked up?
Now I want some info on the tunes. I am not interested in the high HP tunes, as Gas Mileage and towing tunes are really all I want, but I'm not sure about some of the tunes and what the names of them mean, so if someone/anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.
Also, is there any reason to put "stock" in Position 1 on the flip chip? I suppose if you ever wanted to run the stock tune, that would certainly make it easier, but I'm not sure I see the point other than ease, but it's not like it's difficult to remove the chip -- what have others who have the TW chip done and if you could do it again, what would you do as it relates to position 1 and the stock tune? Would you still do it if you did? Do you wish you had done it if you didn't?
These are the tunes I'm thinking about but would like to narrow it down to the ones I really want, and not spend $$ on those I would never use:
- Economy: think I got this - though, maybe it's for freeway/highway driving???
- Daily: What does that mean? I would think Economy would be my daily? Is it a mix between power and economy? Any info would be appreciated.
- Tow: got it, going to get it
- Street: I am guessing this is more for street racing maybe? Owning the ricers etc? I'll probably skip this one. My testosterone levels are not nearly as high as they used to be.
- Hi-Idle: I was under the assumption that the PSD idles up automatically after idling for 2 min or so (not sure how long, but mine seems to do it). I don't recall for sure, but it seems like it only goes to 900rpm?? does the TW High Idle go higher than that? If so, why would this be beneficial over the standard 900 (or whatever it is)?
Last but certainly not least -- I won't be getting one until I know for sure the TS chip issue documented in this thread --> Wildman 6 pos
has been resolved.
I would like to get this chip soon (don't we all right), but I might have to go DP if TS doesn't get it together, and soon.
I know I have a ton of questions, so I really thank all of you for you patience and time with helping me come to conclusions I will be happy about in the long run.
I like to avoid buyers remose at all costs.
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3 PSD
4" Exhaust, Ford AIS Filter and Box
DP-Tuner F5 - Current Chip
Diablo Chip (not being used)
Superchips 1705 tuner (My code reader)
Broken Tranny as of 01/29/2011 --> New John Wood Trans shortly after. So far it's been awesome, spendy, but awesome.
Tire: Michelin LTX M/S2 LT275/70R18
**First PSD - Purchased 1/2/2008
My Site: mxguy.com
My Forum: allthingsmoto.com