To sell or not to sell? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To sell or not to sell?

I understand this is probably the absolute worst place to get this advice lol

To sell or not to sell my White 2002 Excursion 7.3 4 x 4 Limited with 92k miles?

I have had the truck since 2010 and it has been perfect. I'm thinking of offloading it before it hits 100k miles. I have had an autotrader on it up for about 6 months with about 200 calls, texts, and emails. I just can't bring myself to sell it yet but I can see the demand is there... obviously. I wouldn't have made the ad without wanting to sell it.

I use it primarily for daily driving, trips with family (1 daughter, wife, and labradors), occassional towing. I would LOVE to get into a new 6.7 for many reasons. I would like something more refined to drive on a daily basis, a bit more power without the need for a programmer and an option to goose neck towing.

My asking price is $25k.

What say you?

Thanks

Justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just out of curiosity, are people offering the asking price and you're not selling it? If so, I'd remove the ad till you decide what you want to do. I'd be a little upset if as a buyer I agreed on the price and you decided not to sell. That being said, depending on your location I think you might get that price. Down here in South Florida rust free low mileage 7.3s still go for big money. I have a 2001 91k mile CC SB 4x4 Lariat in perfect condition, and my father has a 2001 36k mile Excursion that we get a lot of attention with from people who want to buy it. I personally wouldn't sell a reliable low mileage truck for a very complex $60k new truck, but if you do I hope you get $25k. That will make the value of mine go up.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM

To sell or not to sell?

At 100k its just breaking in. If it is in great shape, you're looking at a truck that will last 3 to 400k with proper maintenance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've already paid for the ad on autotrader full up... meaning it stays up permanently until it sells. I won't sell it for anything less than the asking price because it's a sellers market, especially on the west coast with big families in Utah, Wyoming, etc looking to buy it. I'm also not jerking anyone around, most of the time I just explain to them that I am trying to buy another vehicle to daily drive before I entertain offers... which is true.

I think it would be wise to sell it now before the interior, exterior get worn down and any of the suspension/engine need basic maintenance. 7.3 Excusions under 100k are few and far between so I figured I'd get your input since I am 8k before hitting the 100k mark.

Pros: The truck is paid off, can tow anything, has been the most reliable/practical vehicle I have ever owned and the resale value is high

Cons: It can't tow a gooseneck. I am in the market for a horse trailer and car trailer and would like that option when I go to buy one. Ultimately, just think I am bored with it.

Everywhere I go, people really do comment on how well I've taken care of it and how great the 7.3 is, which I 100% agree with. Just in a confused state right now.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford View Post
I've already paid for the ad on autotrader full up... meaning it stays up permanently until it sells. I won't sell it for anything less than the asking price because it's a sellers market, especially on the west coast with big families in Utah, Wyoming, etc looking to buy it. I'm also not jerking anyone around, most of the time I just explain to them that I am trying to buy another vehicle to daily drive before I entertain offers... which is true.

I think it would be wise to sell it now before the interior, exterior get worn down and any of the suspension/engine need basic maintenance. 7.3 Excusions under 100k are few and far between so I figured I'd get your input since I am 8k before hitting the 100k mark.

Pros: The truck is paid off, can tow anything, has been the most reliable/practical vehicle I have ever owned and the resale value is high

Cons: It can't tow a gooseneck. I am in the market for a horse trailer and car trailer and would like that option when I go to buy one. Ultimately, just think I am bored with it.

Everywhere I go, people really do comment on how well I've taken care of it and how great the 7.3 is, which I 100% agree with. Just in a confused state right now.
If you want the best of both worlds, sell it and find yourself a nice low mileage 7.3 Crew Cab that you can hook that gooseneck up to. There are still some nice ones around in prime shape. Mine's a low mileage example in almost new condition, but Im not selling. Best of luck to you either way. Maybe these pics will help keep you in a 7.3...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.