performance chips for Excursions? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 08:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
performance chips for Excursions?

Does anyone here have a performance chip in their EX? If so what year/model is your EX and which brand performance program do you have?

We took my EX somewhere to have this done, and they couldn't get the Bully Dog brand to work at all. The guy said it had something to do with the security program of the EX? Apparently it's different than that of the F250's. We went back 3 or 4 times, and he kept trying different codes the company had given him, all to no avail. Anyhow he did get another brand (sorry, I don't know what it was) to work..sorta. It runs fine at stock, runs even better at +40hp, but at +90 and +120 it shifts oddly. I thought I would see if any of you had success with a performance chip in your EX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
what year ex do you have? their are many people on here with Ex running may dif kinds of programs or chips
Old 12-06-2007, 09:07 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
tell us about your truck lots of people run them! not a biggy i got one u can buy my superchip 1705 if you have a 7.3 it would work great if you are interested pm
Old 12-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The 1705 is supposed to be a great chip, but you're selling yours? Is there a performance reason for selling it?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:24 AM

He has an 03 if I remember correctly. We have a 2000 Ex running a TS chip at the shop, but anything that will work on a 250 or 350 will work on your 03 EX. We sell alot of Edge Evolutions, TS chips, Quadzilla modules and many others. They all work great on the 7.3L. You have plenty to choose from.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:04 PM

I do have an 03. And I'm a "she" ;-)
I tried to post a reply, but it didn't go through I guess. My husband has a 350 and I know that the one that worked on his didn't work on mine. Weird huh? I'll call and find out what I have. I do think I want to switch though...mine almost stalls sometimes on 120 hp. And on 90+ it doesn't shift till WAY to late and then it continues to shift too fast after that.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:05 PM

Hey, I have an 03 X 4x4 w/7.3 and I am in the process of changing from the Edge Juice w/Attitude to the new Edge Evo II. The Juice is a nice tuner, but I dont need 5 settings and I like the new Evo II's ability to check and clear DTC's. Having said that, I was going to chip mine, but didnt want a bunch of gauges up the side of my pillar and am contempt with the Attitude monitor's digital gauges. Just my $0.02. BTW, the Edge kicks *ss on mine as I am sure all of the chips will do also.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to RedneckGirl Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckGirl
I have an 03 Ex and I run the Bully Dog Power Pup without any issues what-so-ever. I don't do much hard driving-just pull a trailer every now and then. I bought the programmer primarily for fuel economy However I have no problem lighting up the tires if the need arises!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Go with a tony wildman chip... you wont be dissapointed... he is one of the best tuners for the 7.3L engines.... let me know if i can help you out in any way... Stealth Automotive. Tony Wildman Chip

-Raul
Old 12-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i have a 2000 excursion that i just put an evo 2 into. it wouldn't start and the theft light was flashing real fast. i figured out that every time i switch tunes, i have to turn the key to on and wait until the theft light quits flashing fast (about a minute) then turn the key off and remove it for about a minute. put the key back in turn it to on, make sure the theft light isn't flashing fast, and then it starts. i don't know if this will help, but this is what i figured out on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.