Suspension advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
99-03 Ford Excursion Forum This forum is for topics relating to the Ford Excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suspension advice

Hello All,

US Serviceman overseas and I've been looking to purchase an EX that I'll bring over here at a later date. I've found one but could use y'alls help. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at the Suspension pics and tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Thanks for your time.
Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension advice-front.jpg   Suspension advice-l-front-looking-down.jpg   Suspension advice-l-front.jpg   Suspension advice-l-rear-looking-down.jpg   Suspension advice-r-front-.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Premium Member

This truck sits on 37's btw. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension advice-r-rear.jpg   Suspension advice-underneath.jpg  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

In teh first post, 3rd pic, looks like steering dampener leaked oil.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Premium Member

Thanks Jesse. I'd put that behind Good, but in front of bad :-) If that's the worst of my worries, I should be golden.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

First off thank you for you service to our country. Served 10yrs in the Air Force myself. I know when I was in the Azores there were a lot of cobble stone roads which are rough on suspension parts. Knowing this I don't know how Italy is but I'm assuming roads may be rough over there also. Ex's are heavy and hard on front end parts. I would consider new shocks and stearing stabalizer. Definitely would check ball joints and tie rod ends if they are showing wear I'd replace them. I know on an island it took forever for parts and supplies to get there especially during winter months. Almost everything came over on a slow ship. LOL hope this helps some. Again thanks for your service and hope you come home safe.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Premium Member

RedNeckYankee,

Thanks! The roads arent so bad over here. Highways are great, Primary roads are fairly good, and city roads remind me of stateside up north. Filled in potholes everywhere,lol.
Im currently running a 2000 7.3 SuperDuty over here but looking for more interior cargo space than exterior hence, the reason for going with an EX. The pics above were because I'm not familiar with aftermarket lift kits so I was just hoping if I posted them, and someone saw something out of whack, they could bring it to my attention.
Current plans, if I buy this EX, are Ball joints, Tie Rod ends, Shocks, Oil Change (can't get rotella over here) Trans service. All of which my mechanic brother will complete before shippment. At least thats the plan so we'll see how it all comes out in the wash.
10 yrs of "Aiming High" eh? well comliments to you too sir!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Premium Member

Well I bought it and I'm happy. Of course I haven't even seen it in person yet but I know it runs and drives well. It's a one owner vehilce with normal exterior blemishes expected to see on a 12 yr old vehilce. The leather interior is in excellent shape. Now the priority is to get it to my mechanic brother to comb through it and give his stamp of approval on it. I'm hoping to have it here in February.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:22 AM

Congrats on the new truck! We have had ours for just over a year, and love it... great family hauler, and being a brother to my F250 and F350, it fits right in.

How about some pics of the truck from an over-all perspective? The wife and I are planning to lift ours after the first of the year, so I'd like to see how yours 'sits' with the lift and tires... we are likely not going to 37's, but probly 35's, and 4-5" of lift. Too tall, and the youngest (4 yr old son) will have a hard time climbing in!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

Greg,

Here's a pic. I can't, at this time, tell you how it rides. More importantly at this time, I don't care, lol. I just want it here!!!

Sorry for the delayed response, I was at work and of course there's the time zone difference..... you get the jist.

Ciao!
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension advice-new-truck.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the pic! That looks just like ours, only on steroids! Nice truck! Hope it turns out to be everything you hope it will be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.